Choosing your flights

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Choosing your flights

Postby AS 485 Ian Paxton » 16 Jan 2011 20:59

I was wondering how you go about flying? Do you fly from where you landed or do you just choose random routes to fly? Normally I just fly from where I landed but sometimes I'll start looking through the bid flights and see something that might peek my intrest but I don't really like flying out of order, makes the log book look messy. It's not often I do it but the Concorde-X gave me good reason to fly out of order.
AS 485 Ian Paxton

Re: Choosing your flights

Postby AS283 Roger Dean » 17 Jan 2011 02:40

I prefer point to point. But that is just the way I do it. You'll find a mix here at AirSource, some point to point to point and some fly random routes.

Flight simming is a hobby and should be fun and enjoyable. Fly what makes you happy. :D
AS283 Roger Dean

Postby JSkorna » 17 Jan 2011 06:07

Totally random!

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby iang77 » 18 Jan 2011 04:49

Point to point for me... which forces me to be creative in getting to that next ASHA mission set halfway around the world!

iang77
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby kingsak » 18 Jan 2011 13:56

Always depart from where I landed. If I need to get to
a location half-way around the world, I find the schedule
and Bid div. flt's. to get me there.
Do it how ever it suits you. Just have FUN! :D
kingsak

Postby ITZREAL » 20 Jan 2011 09:34

I agree with all that it a personal preference that rules. Fly from and to wherever you wish for whichever division you wish. I myself fly mostly ASHA. In that regard, I look at a schedule first to see what are the airports used. I then compare it to airports that I have taken off from and landed at in my logbook. I try to use airports that I have not used in the past. Therefore my takeoff airport is most often not my last arrival airport.
But in the end it is still personal preference.
ITZREAL

Postby as136roy » 23 Jan 2011 01:09

AS 485 Ian Paxton wrote:I was wondering how you go about flying? Do you fly from where you landed or do you just choose random routes to fly? Normally I just fly from where I landed but sometimes I'll start looking through the bid flights and see something that might peek my intrest but I don't really like flying out of order, makes the log book look messy. It's not often I do it but the Concorde-X gave me good reason to fly out of order.

Normally I fly from the airport on which I last landed. This adds more realism to flight sim. I rarely fly random routes. I also try to visit airports of which I have not visited before - if they are available in real world schedules. :wink:

as136roy
Private Pilot

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 136] (OMDB) Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Postby rabhaw » 29 Jan 2011 01:31

Point to point until I get bored, then I jump to a different continent.
rabhaw

Postby canadagoose » 22 Mar 2011 17:07

I choose my legs point to point and like to fly one particular aircraft type for 3 or 4 flights and then change it up. Currently I am planning to do a tour of the Canadian North using the Flight 1 ATR 72-500 under CalmAir colours. I haven't flown it in a while and just want to get back in the seat and familiarize myself again with the aircraft. That's what attracted me to AirSource, I can fly virtually every A/C in my stable.

Regards,
Tom
canadagoose

Return to General Discussions