Just a thought

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Just a thought

Postby ianbeggs » 01 Sep 2011 23:25

We at AirSource have a lot of flights to choose from from the huge schedule division to the ASHA GA and bid, so Im not sure how this idea would go over, my idea is to have a Vatsim division, it would be a free flying policy, kinda like freelance flights, the rules would be that flying on Vatsim would be a requirement and the use of your ASO callsign mandatory. I think this could really create a community feel, we could organize fly inns do round the world tours but the main thing for me would be seeing two areas on Vatsim with coverage then be able to plan a flight between these two area's. I think this could really help get Vatsim populated with a more visible ASO community. Anyways just me thinkin and a little bit of drinkin. :D
ianbeggs

Re: Just a thought

Postby CAF440 » 02 Sep 2011 06:16

Personally I wouldn't mind but, for fairness I'd like to see IVAO included for those who are timid by a crowded ATC area. Kinda of a way of ease into online ATC. I noticed IVAO members fly both networks and eventually full time Vatsim. Also other VA's seem to be using the dual idea. Just a thought in fairness.
CAF440

Re: Just a thought

Postby iang77 » 02 Sep 2011 14:01

Not sure a new division is needed, but I could see some sort of award to recognize reaching various "tiers" of online ATC hours.

iang77
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to General Discussions