General Aviation Division

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

General Aviation Division

Postby ianbeggs » 12 Dec 2010 19:16

Fired up myaas today and a new update was required, in mentioned that it was in preparation for the new GA division, so is it to soon to ask of some of the features for the new GA.
ianbeggs

Re: General Aviation Division

Postby JSkorna » 13 Dec 2010 00:53

Hi Ian,

Just a little bit. Let us finalize some things and then we'll let the Union know.

Thanks!

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby ianbeggs » 13 Dec 2010 01:00

Ok thanks Jim, I was thinking of logging some hours in my RealAir Duke, think I'll wait a bit to see what this GA division is going to be all about :D
ianbeggs

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 13 Dec 2010 01:01

Ian, not sure if you caught the "website updates" forum recently?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4853

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby ianbeggs » 13 Dec 2010 01:30

Totally missed that Tom :lol: Thanks, sounds great, hope its a lease to own someday, this might be as close as I come to owning my own aircraft :lol:
ianbeggs

Postby as136roy » 24 Dec 2010 02:45

ianbeggs wrote:Totally missed that Tom :lol: Thanks, sounds great, hope its a lease to own someday, this might be as close as I come to owning my own aircraft :lol:

I definitely agree with Ian as "owning" an aircraft would eliminate the "rental" costs for each flight. Buying your own GA aircraft would be a great feature for AS. That's good use for those virtual dollars in my account... :wink:

as136roy
Private Pilot

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 136] (OMDB) Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 24 Dec 2010 10:04

Aircraft ownership is a future plan on our books! But for now, Santa has a nice present for everyone :D

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 37] Whenuapai, New Zealand (NZWP)
AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby AS 485 Ian Paxton » 11 Jan 2011 19:27

May I ask why some of the rental prices are so high? I so want to fly the Cessna Citation X but it was over $20,000 per hour (don't remember exact price) and most of us don't have that kind of vmoney to rent a aircraft like that. A lot of people like me that been here 2yrs+ that don't fly everyday or do a lot of 1hr flights would take a few years just to earn enough to fly a aircraft like the Citation X just for 1hr. So I was wondering about having a "vMoney Loans" like a bank or something where you could take out a loan and limit it to like two loans a calendar year or something and a max of $500,000, might defeat the purpose of earning vmoney but you could pay it back in monthly installments and if you skip a payment you get fine harshly like $30,000 similar to missing a bid flight. It could be a system of good yet bad at the same time if you start skipping payments. All this is just a thought though.
AS 485 Ian Paxton

Postby as099mw » 12 Jan 2011 12:05

Ian,

I will add some ATI Citation X bid flights later in the day. Check Bid Flight Division, Air Taxi International.
You'll be able to earn some v-money and to enjoy some GA aircrafts later instead of expensive bizzjets...

as099mw

Postby JSkorna » 12 Jan 2011 13:49

Ian,

The prices are based on the purchase cost of the plane. Because the sticker price is so high, then the rental price is so high. We'll see as time goes on if we need to adjust the formula accordingly. Please keep in mind that this is a new area for us and that there are bound to be some "growing pains" along the way!

JSkorna

Postby AS 485 Ian Paxton » 12 Jan 2011 19:13

Totally understandable it's a new area and I appreciate the comments back and I look forward to seeing what becomes of the General Aviation Division. Keep up the excellent work and I'll check out the bid flights by the way for some GA flights, thank you.
AS 485 Ian Paxton

Return to General Discussions