ASHA Training continues - 10 images

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

ASHA Training continues - 10 images

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2007 07:38

I have nearly completed a weeks worth of ASHA Training flights based in South America, practicing high altitude landings and takeoffs. They have been really good fun so far.

Details of my tast flight are here

http://www.air-source.us/operations/ash ... TID=137579

Taking off I have start to raise the gear and prepare to turn to track the CAL VOR.

I continue to climb out to 18oooft as instructed by ATC.

At 16500ft I get clearance to climb on to cruise at 20oooft.

Now at 20oooft.

I am placed in a holding pattern for 10-15 minutes, but the views keep me entertained while I wait for my slot to land.

Another shot of some of the great scenery.

Having been vectored to final by ATC I turn towards the airport to intercept the ILS.

Getting lined up I lower the gear and declare that I have the field in sight and go visual

Almost there, I enjoy hand flying approaches in this aircraft in these conditions.

After a safe landing I park on the stand, you can see the 737's that caused me to be placed in a holding pattern over the CAL VOR.

I only have a few more flights left here in South America, I will be moving on to some training in the 777 soon :)

Postby Leemazz » 07 Sep 2007 18:52

Nice shots Darren look forward to the 777 shots

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Shawn McCaig AS569 » 08 Sep 2007 07:19

Very nice shots, is that the AFG KingAir?

Shawn McCaig AS569
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2007 11:49

THanks for the feedback guys.

This is the Aeroworx Kingair. I did use the PMDG Beechcraft but found it a bit simplistic (although it flew very well and was good fun).

THe Aeroworx one is really something else though, I would say its as detailed a simulation as you can get of a General Aviation aircraft, you should try and get hold of it, it is beautiful inside and out, flies like a dream and the audio is awesome too.

It also has a feature which records flight time and so you accumulate wear and tear, things like pushing the engines too hard and heavy landings mean you will need to get your aircraft serviced or repaired in the virtual repair shop. Its the best feature for me as it makes you want to fly your aircraft right and you worry about your engines etc.

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum