Which Aircraft?

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Which Aircraft?

Postby AS467 Dave Eastwood » 27 Dec 2021 13:26

Hello Fellow Pilots,

I need some help please, Santa has been very kind to me this year and I have been gifted a voucher to enable me to purchase any airframe.

Whilst this is fantastic it has also created a slight dilemma, what do I buy?

Aha, I'll buy the aircraft that has the most number of flights in the Schedule Division based on the following parameters:

1 - Departure must be an European airport
2 - Arrival must be an European airport
3 - Flight must be more than 1 hour
4 - Flight must be less than 2 hours
5 - Airframe cannot be either the Airbus single aisle or Boeing 737 series (Already have these airframes)
6 - Must be a passenger airframe

So my question is, how can I interrogate the database to find the airframe with the highest number of flights based on the above parameters?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Dave

AS467 Dave Eastwood
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 467

Re: Which Aircraft?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 28 Dec 2021 13:07

Hello Dave,

So I'm a bit confused I suppose because of the mention of the scheduled division and in the same frame talking about a voucher and aircraft purchase? When I think of an aircraft purchase here, I would point us to the General Aviation area. I hope that makes sense?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS467 Dave Eastwood » 28 Dec 2021 13:33

Hello Tom,

Many thanks for looking into this.

I think I may have caused your confusion by mentioning the word "voucher".

I was looking to find the number of flights in the schedule division based on the parameters mentioned which would then help me to decide which airframe to buy from an on-line store such as Just Flight based on the most number of flights available per airframe after searching the database.

For example, if there are 50+ flights for the Dash-8 and 20+ for the CRJ1000, I would look to buy the Majestic Dash-8, all based on the parameters mentioned previously.

Ultimately I looking for the airframe with the most flights other than the 737 or A320 series.

Hope this helps?

Cheers
Dave

AS467 Dave Eastwood
Student Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 29 Dec 2021 00:43

Thank you for clarifying this Dave, and yes makes much more sense to me now. So searching on the Scheduled division main page http://air-source.us/Operations/SCHEDULED/SCHMAIN.asp, the database only shows (2) flights that exist in the database utilizing a Dehavilland Dash 8 DHC8-400. However, if you would like to become a Flight Officer viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7679, you can enter any real world scheduled passenger airline flight that exists today! For that, you can search outside of these facilities.

For example, there is a page on FlightAware that allows you to view all airborne flights for a certain aircraft type. Here is the Dash 8-400 https://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/DH8D

I did not see any CRJ-1000's airborne at the time of this post, however there were 87 CRJ-900's in the air https://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/CRJ9

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS467 Dave Eastwood » 29 Dec 2021 09:26

Hello Tom,

Very interesting, thanks for the links Tom, I will certainly use them going forward.

Thanks for the help with this and all the best for the new year.

Cheers
Dave

AS467 Dave Eastwood
Student Pilot

Return to Scheduled Flights Division