BAE 146 Flights Question.

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

BAE 146 Flights Question.

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 03 Jul 2021 17:49

Hello All
As the BAE 146 has four engines, could I select any other four engined aircrafts IE 747 flights for example and fly those legitimately with the BAE 146?
I only ask as the flights for this aircraft in the schedules over 1000 miles (I realise that these are probably shortish haul aircraft) are few, and irrespective of which model i.e. passenger or QT (Cargo) or type 100,200,300 are all the same in the schedules.
If I could select other four engined aircraft flights to book for the BAE It would greatly increase my flight choices.
I have had a hankering recently to use this aircraft again, but I am after flights of just about 900 to 1000 miles ,with a duration of approximately 3hrs (the 146 has quite a slow cruising speed .70 mach)
This gives me time for beer, an hour long program on the BBC I-player with MS2004 muted and cruising on autopilot. By the time iPlayer program ends I am approximately 3 to 400 miles of my destination and can unmute FS4 and ready myself for descent and landing.
:D
Cheers to all
Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: BAE 146 Flights Question.

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 03 Jul 2021 18:14

Hi Andy,

Section 2.0.3.0 of the AirSource Employee Manual has always been a bit of a "touchy" subject here:

2.0.3.0 Aircraft selection
The only division in which aircraft substitutions are allowed is the SCHEDULED DIVISION. As always try to match the simulator aircraft to the flight plan aircraft. If the aircraft specified in the published flight plan is not available for the simulator, attempt to match as closely as possible the weight, speed, passenger capacity and range of the aircraft to that of the flight plan aircraft. Larger or smaller aircraft are permitted only if they qualify for runway and/or range specification. For example: If the flight plan calls for a Boeing 717 and the only aircraft available to you is a Boeing 767 (much larger), you are permitted to use the 767 as long as the arrival runway length is adequate for safe landing within 767 specifications.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3501

I hope this helps... enjoy that Beer :D

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 04 Jul 2021 11:26

Thanks Tom
I THINK I understand.
:wink:

Cheers Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 04 Jul 2021 16:36

Hello Tom
I have selected a flight (ASL TNT)
EBLG to LGAV.
This flight is scheduled to be flown by the B737 ,but if I understand it correctly I can fly it using the BAE 146
of which I have a very smart liveried TNT example.
If this is not the case then no worries.

Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Return to General Discussions