Relocate after Shut-Down - Misplaced

VP General Aviation Division: Tom Little.
General Discussion about the AirSource General Aviation Flights Division.

Relocate after Shut-Down - Misplaced

Postby Lawman » 08 Mar 2018 22:23

Recently had my computer worked on and I had FSX shut down on me three times today. On a flight from CYUL to KSYR, my flight suddenly ended near the approach end of KSYR. I restarted and place my aircraft close to where I was and activated the "REPOSITION" function of MyAAs2. I suddenly found myself splashing in the water off the coast of West Africa. I assumed it would put me back where I departed from Yes?

Lawman (Charles)
Lawman

Re: Relocate after Shut-Down - Misplaced

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 09 Mar 2018 00:16

Hi Charles,

Joe will be able to better answer this, but I didn't think myAAS had a function to move aircraft around?

Also, can you update your e-mail address either in your forum profile to match the AirSource registered address or vice versa? I cannot activate your forum account without both e-mail addresses matching.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS201 Joe » 09 Mar 2018 02:44

You are correct, Tom. myAAS2 does not reposition the aircraft. It just says where the aircraft was at so the user can put the aircraft in the correct location. To be honest, myAAS2 only reads values, it doesn't write any values to FS

Not sure how your aircraft moved

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS201 Joe » 09 Mar 2018 12:32

On second thought...I think in the last (?) update the function to place the aircraft when resuming a flight was added.

Do you remember if the displayed values for latitude and longitude were correct?

If you still have that flight saved, can you post them here or upload a screenshot of that window?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Return to General Aviation Division