Unusual Reading from MyAAS Today

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Unusual Reading from MyAAS Today

Postby TerryW » 11 Apr 2016 14:36

Joe,
Am using v2.0.2021. Did Air China A340 flight, ZSPD-ZUUU this a.m. MyAAS recorded the correct fuel usage of 48547 lbs, and a landing rate of -318.5 fpm at 114 kts. My timer from pushback to stop at gate was 2hr36 min. MyAAS gave the flight time as 36 minutes only! Any idea what might have happened? I won't manually file 'til you see this post.....thanks,
Terry Wright
AS86
TerryW

Re: Unusual Reading from MyAAS Today

Postby AS201 Joe » 11 Apr 2016 21:39

Hi Terry,

Not sure what happened there. I doubt your db file would tell me anything either.

Go ahead and upload the flight but, when the PIREP page comes up, close it and let it fail. Let me know when you have done this and I'll get the time set correctly.

Also...the standard time issue question...is your computer's clock showing the correct time?

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby TerryW » 12 Apr 2016 10:57

Hi Joe,
I forgot to even look at my computer's clock......darn thing's off by more than 2 hours. I'll try re-seating the CMOS battery again.

Not sure what you mean about the PIREP, so I'll file it manually...save you having to adjust it.
Thanks,
Terry
TerryW

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 12 Apr 2016 11:53

TerryW wrote:Hi Joe,
I forgot to even look at my computer's clock......darn thing's off by more than 2 hours. I'll try re-seating the CMOS battery again.

Not sure what you mean about the PIREP, so I'll file it manually...save you having to adjust it.
Thanks,
Terry

Terry - just open myAAS and START to pirep flight, once the pop up window open for the PIREP and you get to the page where you enter the data like flight comments simply close myAAS window (abort PIREP).

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby TerryW » 12 Apr 2016 15:23

Sorry, Tom....already filed manually....but thanks for clarification.

Joe....just to confirm...it was the CMOS. Once I reseated the CMOS battery, the computer time moved to the current time, and is maintaining it so far. Just did ZUUU-ZWWW (Air China A320) and MyAAS worked and filed just fine....thanks again,
Terry
TerryW

Postby AS201 Joe » 13 Apr 2016 11:35

Sorry for the confusion, Terry.

I was working on catching that after the last time it happened. Had the time-keeping system all messed up and reverted back to the old code. Might have to revisit this and try again.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Return to MyActive AirSource