panels in add on aircraft

Q & A about computer hardware and software. Discuss settings, errors, setup, etc.

panels in add on aircraft

Postby jcam89 » 01 Mar 2012 22:08

I have had this happen a few times with some panels in add on aircraft and I can't figure out why. The panel shows up (At least most of it) sometime MFDs will be blacked out or certain guages won't show up. The strangest thing is that none of the panel responds to the mouse, no switches or dials will move via mouse input. It's a very frustrating problem as I want to use some of these panels.:) I have done some research but have not really found anything to solve the issue. I am wondering if it might be an issue with FSUIPC but again I have no real idea. I would very much appreciate any help. \
I did go back and double check to make sure I had installed everything correctly and as far as I can tell I did everything right during install.

jcam89
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: panels in add on aircraft

Postby JSkorna » 02 Mar 2012 01:33

Hi,

It is certainly not because of FSUIPC.

Gauges that are missing or blackened out are from you not having the gauge available in your FS for the panel to use. Most panels have a install readme that will walk you through this process or tell you what you need. Also, make sure that if you are using FS04 that all gauges are unzipped and not just left inside zipped files.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby jcam89 » 04 Mar 2012 01:27

Thanks for the feed back, I am using fsx and this is occuring with a PMDG plane as well so I am kind of at a loss. I want to buy more add on aircraft but don't want to waste anymore money if they are not going to work.
The switches not working and the panel being totally not interactive is what really confuses me.

jcam89
Student Pilot

Postby JSkorna » 04 Mar 2012 02:38

Are you sure it is a FSX plane?

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby jcam89 » 04 Mar 2012 23:47

Yeah I thought about that but the panel does include install instructions for fsx. I'm going to try some other freeware planes and see if I run into the same issues. Maybe it's something to do with those two planes specifically.

jcam89
Student Pilot

Return to Hardware / Software Discussion