South American Emergency Flight

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

South American Emergency Flight

Postby Guest » 30 Mar 2008 16:06

My first emergency flight for ASHA and it was one of the most hair raising departures I have made for a while.

While it may look straight forward, the treeline was right on the edge of the runway and I wasn't sure we would make it. I was barely above stall speed for the first 25 seconds of the departure.

Glad to be clear of the trees I lower my climb rate and gain a little speed.

Climbing away from the airfield I turn to intercept my published route.

Climbing up to cruise altitude of 35oooft.

Now in the cruise.

I tune into the ATIS as I am cleared for my descent.

Established on the ILS I lower the gear and add some more flaps.

Now fully configured for landing to runway 23.

Looking forward to stretching my legs once we park, I am sure all the emergency cargo will be put to good use.

This was a great flight, I knew the departure would be tough as the landing I made on my arrival was a nightmare - still, keeps things interesting :lol:

Postby Guest » 30 Mar 2008 22:14

Awesome shots! Which ground textures / landclass / scenery do you use?

Postby Guest » 31 Mar 2008 07:42

Thanks for the positive feedback on my shots David.

I use FS Global - Special Edition, which offers accurate landclass for the entire planet. I then use Ground Environment II PRO for my textures. Finally I use ActiveSky6 for the skies.

I would say that as good as the ground addons are, ActiveSky completes the package as it adds a really nice haze/mist effects as you climb to altitude, instead of having a really harsh horizon in the middle of the screen.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum