Fun?

Invest your hard earned virtual cash in your choice of thousands of real world stocks!

Fun?

Postby Spin » 23 May 2006 21:17

OK, first the rules change and make it a royal pain in the butt to buy and sell stock.

Then, our favorite airlines are being taken off? What's the point?

This is suppose to be for fun. If it gets much stuffier, it'll be another job.
Spin

Postby JSkorna » 24 May 2006 00:09

Hi Mike,

What rules changed?

There was a problem when the switch was made to this web site. But I think those have been worked out. So what/where is the pain?

If it is our favorite airlines , then 4 or more pilots will be flying it over 6 months time and it will stay listed. Why list airlines that are not being flown?

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Spin » 24 May 2006 06:13

What rules changed?

OK, my mistake about the rules. I thought it had changed so instead of buying and selling stock like RL, you have to do stop orders and limit orders. You couldn't just buy or sell. But that's working now.

If it is our favorite airlines , then 4 or more pilots will be flying it over 6 months time and it will stay listed. Why list airlines that are not being flown?

I'm referring to Champlain, I like the hub, and I love flying the B1900's. The problem with Champlain, is it's a couple hours short in AAS hours. It has steady growth, as far as stock price, which to me means that people are flying it regularly. But not necessarily on AAS, for whatever reason. Personally, it's a commuter airline and I generally don't fire up AAS unless it's a longer flight (75+ minutes). Maybe that's the reason for the lack of AAS hours.
Spin

Postby JSkorna » 24 May 2006 10:46

Fair enough!

JSkorna

Postby AS 77 John McCormack » 25 May 2006 00:11

Mike,

Looking at the airline details page for Champlain http://www.air-source.us/Operations/SCHEDULED/AirlineDETAIL.asp?AIRLINE=UCA I do see it is meeting all requirements except it is currently short about 2 of the 20 total AAS hours needed so it is only in a very slight danger of being removed, especially since it has recent flights and the oldest flights that will be dropping once they are 6 months old, don't seem to have much impact on the other requirements being met. However, I am wondering why you still choose to fly a non-AAS flight knowing this and not trying to help the airline meet it???s minimum AAS hours requirement?

By the way, the minimum requirements isn't something new, I have always reviewed all airlines looking for new airlines to add/or remove based on these requirements. The only thing new is I added the requirements to the airline details page to help make it clear for all what they are and how well the airline is currently doing. The main reason to not just list all the airlines is the extra workload the server would have to be used to maintain all the airlines everyday that could be used to improve performance where it is needed most in other areas of the site.

You mentioned that you only like to use AAS for 75+ min flights, which I am not sure what could be the reason for that, since I thought it still helps you file your PIREP plus you get all the added info in your logbook for the flight such as fuel info, weather data, etc. not to mention the extra virtual money you earn for using it, which could be used to buy more Champlain stock :-) But seriously, I would like to know what you find inconvenient when using it for short flights under 75 mins., because eventually there may come a time in not so distant future where the pireps will come from either AAS or the offline version ???MyAAS??? only. Since there is both working AAS versions (offline and online) there really isn???t too much argument to not require all flights to be AAS certified now. Which would save countless hours of work reviewing logbooks and removing bogus flights, such as flights that are 100 miles that took 22 hours, etc. I could have walk there almost as fast..lol

So fire up either AAS version and help save this airline and help it's stock price climb even higher to boost your profits, since AAS hours have more value to the overall stock price than non-AAS hours do.

Best regards,
John

AS 77 John McCormack
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Spin » 27 May 2006 13:22

Well that does make sense. And I will do more AAS flights. Sometimes on my system the shorter flights aren't long enougfh to show up on the staus board. But, like you said, they still pay more play money!!!

Offline AAS? I'll have to check into that. Being on high speed I don't know I'd ever use it.
Spin

Postby JSkorna » 27 May 2006 17:47

Hi,

I am on cable and use MyAAS for almost every flight. I feel I can stay more organized using it.

JSkorna

Return to AirStocks