Airstocks Down

Invest your hard earned virtual cash in your choice of thousands of real world stocks!

Airstocks Down

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 13 May 2009 12:11

I am having some major issues with the program that John created to update the stock prices. (I think we're all surprised the program lasted as long as it did!)

Instead of trying to get this program to limp further, I am re-writing a whole new program. This will take some time, not sure when I can get airstocks back up but for now AirStocks is closed.

I will advise once I get a patched solution.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 13 May 2009 12:46

Thanks for the update Tom, I was madly buying stock over the last week and wondered why the rates got "stuck"!

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 13 May 2009 13:34

AS37 Norm Edwards wrote:Thanks for the update Tom, I was madly buying stock over the last week and wondered why the rates got "stuck"!

It's called a recession Norm... AirSource has responded by freezing your assets :wink:

All joking aside, thanks Tom, appreciate you rewriting how that works, I can't even begin to imagine the work involved.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Re: Airstocks Down

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 13 May 2009 22:38

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:(I think we're all surprised the program lasted as long as it did!)

To better explain what that means, it does NOT mean John's programs suddenly stop working like an old broken down car :) - or does not expire like software after a trial period. What it means is that since we built the Airstocks system the program relied on a website to function. In all these years that website has not changed. But it recently changed and broke his program so it can no longer "find" the pricing data.

This is just to clear up any misunderstandings I may have posted above as I have received questions via e-mail.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 16 May 2009 01:21

Problem resolved for now, AirStocks is now open!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby TheDude71 » 17 May 2009 04:43

Thanks Tom !!! I was very happy to see the stock page up and running. I made my 30k and it was burning a hole in my pocket. Soooo.....Purchased some stock, one virtual stock and the rest real, found a new gadget for my desktop to keep an eye on these beauties and lets hope I can make some cabbage!!.....ya right!! :P :P
TheDude71

Return to AirStocks