MyAASv2 Suggestion

The "personal" version of Active AirSource

MyAASv2 Suggestion

Postby TerryW » 24 Apr 2014 14:17

I have had some ongoing problems with MyAASv2 ....although it's worked fine the last couple of weeks (touch wood). A problem that I also get after the PIREP has been successfully transmitted to the site is a program hang. After the PIREP goes, there is a small pop-up box indicating that the PIREP was successfully sent. In order to continue, you then press OK or CONTINUE .....slipped my mind just now. In any case, that pop-up disappears, and another page comes up with a message that MyAAS is, I believe, "refreshing the data base" or some such thing. It's that page that quite frequently hangs, and I have to open the Task Manager to close the program. Once the PIREP goes, and the initial "successful PIREP" pop-up is clicked, I can see that the flight is no longer listed on the MyAAS main window. When I need to download a new set of flights, I use the "Refresh Flights" button. So I can't see the purpose of that page at all....also can't understand why it freezes MyAAS so often. Unless it's doing something under the hood that is necessary for MyAAS to function....I think that step should be eliminated....would be one less step for the program, and one less hang for me to deal with. Just a thought, all the best,
Terry Wright
AS86
TerryW

Re: MyAASv2 Suggestion

Postby AS201 Joe » 24 Apr 2014 20:29

Hi Terry-

The reason that it re-downloads the flights list was, initially, done for those that un-check the "Remove from plan book" option on the pirep pages. The flights get re-downloaded so myaas knows whether it needs to remove the flight from the database or just generate a new identifier for it.

Granted, most will not re-fly the same flight immediately and, most likely, wouldn't notice it not being there until the next refresh. I'll have a look at doing it another way.

Thanks for the input.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Re: MyAASv2 Suggestion

Postby TerryW » 27 Apr 2014 10:09

Thanks Joe....I can understand the purpose now.
Terry
TerryW

Return to MyActive AirSource Version 1 [Obsolete]