what happened to all the fun stuff??

The "personal" version of Active AirSource

what happened to all the fun stuff??

Postby mynetdude » 06 Dec 2011 04:41

the AAS I remember you could set seatbelts, meals, heck you could go to the website and see details of the flight and the background would be different depending on time of day the flight is actively in :D. I like the new changes, keeping it simple is probably a good idea but I miss those neat features.
mynetdude

Re: what happened to all the fun stuff??

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 06 Dec 2011 21:51

Since John stopped support of AAS it has been the main goal of AirSource to get a functional flight recorder first, and look at goodies later. My programming experience is not extensive - and time is very limited.

We did have someone who was looking at re-engineering a new recording program but that fell through.

I don't have seatbelts or meals in mind, but do have some neat ideas I would like to implement some day.. 8)

Ironically I was the one who asked for those details in the original AAS, but looking back it really didn't do much for functionality ;)

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: what happened to all the fun stuff??

Postby mynetdude » 07 Dec 2011 05:03

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:Since John stopped support of AAS it has been the main goal of AirSource to get a functional flight recorder first, and look at goodies later. My programming experience is not extensive - and time is very limited.

We did have someone who was looking at re-engineering a new recording program but that fell through.

I don't have seatbelts or meals in mind, but do have some neat ideas I would like to implement some day.. 8)

Ironically I was the one who asked for those details in the original AAS, but looking back it really didn't do much for functionality ;)

Ah ok, so that went with the old AAS :(

While I agree functionality makes more sense, the goodies are nice to have IF they can be made available otherwise functionality will have to suffice. You will do fine :)
mynetdude

Return to MyActive AirSource Version 1 [Obsolete]