MyAAS Closes FS

The "personal" version of Active AirSource

MyAAS Closes FS

Postby dickbloom » 29 Oct 2011 23:28

This is new. Loaded at EGPH, clicked Start Flight on MyAAS - the mouse cursor begins to flicker constantly and the screen goes black. At that point it's a real problemto shut everything down.
FS9.0; Windows XP. Have run CCleaner, cleaned out all files, defragged. Still happens.
Any ideas?
db.

dickbloom
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: MyAAS Closes FS

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 29 Oct 2011 23:40

Any changes in hardware lately or any new software installed since it worked? Something appears to be interfering with FSUIPC or perhaps something else.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby dickbloom » 30 Oct 2011 13:36

Went from US to Norway for flights, both flights from ENTO-ENZV closed enroute- before starting the descent. Thought I had installed some scenery for the country, but can find nothing- probably have something from the distant past, but never a problem. Went to UK- the stated problem occurred EGCC-EICK; EICK-EGPH.
Did a flight EGPH-EHAM, without MyAAS, and fs ran perfect- excellent performance no problems. But (use add-on programs), after landing and taxiing, on the ramp I closed RadarContact with a short-cut key, parked, shut down the a/c, clicked the Windows icon, then clicked to close Active Sky and the screen went black. FDC still running. At some point, after clicking to stop MyAAS or ActiveSky, I got a message that could not connect to FSUIPC- but that was after the screen went black (I think).
The only thing I know I added was the newer version of the Frolov Dash 8 which has been unninstalled.
???
db.

dickbloom
Student Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 31 Oct 2011 17:51

Not sure if you've tried this yet, but try running FS and myAAS ONLY without the other programs that you are aware of using FSUIPC as a test and see how that goes. This way we can try to see if it is myAAS casuing the problem.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby dickbloom » 07 Nov 2011 21:52

Apologize for the post, but I did find the downloaded scenery, removed it, and all is fine now. I do appreciate your advice.
db.

dickbloom
Student Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 08 Nov 2011 01:54

Glad to hear you got it worked out.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyActive AirSource Version 1 [Obsolete]