Troubleshooting Windows 7 & MyAAS

The "personal" version of Active AirSource

Troubleshooting Windows 7 & MyAAS

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 15 Sep 2011 23:20

Thanks goes out to AS 574 Richard Carr who was able to take some time and troubleshoot a few items in case you're having some troubles, but here is where to start (how to install in Windows 7) START HERE

If you're still having issues after trying the above, also see below, thanks Richard!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the way it went, up to a point and to the best of my recollection:

1.) I started FS 2004 and prepped the aircraft, I saved the file but didn't exit out of FS2004.

2.) Using the Windows key I jumped to the desktop; then I went to C drive selected "Programs (x86)" then I selected "My Active AirSource" folder opened to "MyAAS" and opened it with a left click.

3.) An error window opened titled "MyAAS Download Flights" and with this in the body:
"Unhandled exception has opccurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit the application will close immediately."

Actually there were three choice buttons: "Details", "Continue", and "Quit". I selected "Continue"

4.) Another window opened untitled, it read:
"Access to the path 'C\Program Files (X86)\my Active Air Source\aasflights.aas is denied"

I closed this window

5.) Nevertheless the myAAS window appeared and I clicked "Start myAAS". It appeared to be operating so I went back to FS 2004 and flew the entire flight to Memphis, landed taxied, shut down, and exited back to myAAS, it appeared to have the data in it. I pulled down the menu and clicked on PIREP but nothing happened, except the same error message popped up:

"Access to the path 'C\Program Files (X86)\my Active Air Source\aasflights.aas is denied"

And yet it appeared that the trip info had been recorded in myAAS or at least the time enroute appeared to be there.... ?????

Mr. Little this is as I recall it and to the extent I was able to recreate it. I hope this helps.

When I discovered the proper solution, simply right clicking on number 2.) above rather than left clicking allowed me to give administrative permission to load myAAS and all then worked fine.

~Dick Carr~
AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to MyActive AirSource Version 1 [Obsolete]