Japan Cities

Enter freeware add-on reviews in ths forum

Japan Cities

Postby TerryW » 15 Dec 2010 10:05

I'm afraid I don't even know who these folks are, but I've been using their scenery packages for a long time in both FS9 and FSX. Was perusing some of my old "Favourites" links and noticed that their "X" series of city sceneries had been updated in November. Downloading is quite daunting, but after the intial few seconds, I was downloading at 250-320 kbs. I updated all my Japan city sceneries yesterday.

I find these to be great freeware addons....others may disagree....your mileage may vary! Here is the link:

*removed by admin* (tried a number of times, but can't seem to make this a "link"...mebbe google?)

There are no installation instructions (that I could find) other than a screenshot of the order in which the Yokahama and Tokyo sceneries are to be enabled in the scenery library....Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto and Nagoya would be enabled following a similar protcol.

If you are interested in trying these out in FSX, but are unsure of how to install, make a post here, and I'll respond with how I've done it.

All the best,
Terry
TerryW

Re: Japan Cities

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 15 Dec 2010 11:48

Hello Terry - we're not real big on external links to payware here at AS, although there may be some we didn't catch yet we usually remove them. This link seemed a bit suspicious, not sure where you found it. I did remove it although we appreciate your kindness of trying to share. Google is a better idea for now :wink:

*****************************EDIT******************************
SORRY I need more morning coffee, I just re-read your post and realized it was a FREEWARE addon.

Please post the name again (but not the link) as we can easily all google it..

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: Japan Cities

Postby TerryW » 15 Dec 2010 12:46

No problem....been there, done that. Took a while to parse out the url, though. It is:

http://fsx.0.007.jp/

Above is not url....in Google use three lower case o's (ohs), not zeros. I kept searching with zeros and ended up everywhere but that site.

No payware on the site, but some really good freeware scenery. I'm sure a lot of our pilots are very familiar with the site and products.

All the best,
Terry

edit: don't push the blue link....it doesn't go anywhere! Type that line into the Google search box using the lower case letter o instead of the three zeros. The site doesn't seem to have any particular name, but I've used it for years with absolutely no problems. If you visit, click the Flight Simulator X box at the top left of the site which opens the FSX scenery choices......the Flight Simulator 2004 box links to the FS9 scenery offerings.
TerryW

Return to Freeware