Opensky...

Enter freeware add-on reviews in ths forum

Postby garymbuska » 11 Aug 2006 16:22

I recentl downloade the B747-200 in the NorthWest paint scheme it looked great and had desent flight dynamics but had 1 little problem the contact points were not quite right and the right main gear was burried in the tarmac and then when you started the engines it would bounce like crazzy on that side. I found there was a error in the contact points and corrected it and now it behaves like it is suposed to. It also wanted to slide around corners and not turn.
Other than that it was ok and was not hard to correct the problem it was a key stroke error one point was -16 and it should have been 16 no minus sign which mens a negative value. With the main whells you have one that has a negative value and one that is positve. a simple mistake was made 8)

garymbuska
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2007 23:03

Most of the planes they put out are frame rate friendly, easy to fly, and are wonderful in the graphics department. I say they are well worth the download if you are looking for something thats close to payware with the exterior modeling. Most use default panels, but thats easily solved with the numerous panel downloads out there. I personally love posky, and glad they are here to stay!

If anoyone from posky reads this, thank you so much for the 747SP I have been waiting YEARS!

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 17 Sep 2007 13:39

ASO436 - Josh W. wrote:Most of the planes they put out are frame rate friendly, easy to fly, and are wonderful in the graphics department. I say they are well worth the download if you are looking for something thats close to payware with the exterior modeling. Most use default panels, but thats easily solved with the numerous panel downloads out there. I personally love posky, and glad they are here to stay!

If anoyone from posky reads this, thank you so much for the 747SP I have been waiting YEARS!

I agree.I have loads of Posky aircraft and they are all excellent.
WELL done all Posky people.
One tip you may want to try for best possible performance.. is to convert all Posky aircraft to dxt3 from 32(I always leave the fuselage as 32bit) this means no lagging and grey model as you switch in and out of spot view,cockpit. etc ...only very rarely does this cause problems with the models and i cant really detect any loss in quality either.
cheers Andy
HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Buckeye Roy » 18 Sep 2007 22:41

HoratioWondersocks wrote:
One tip you may want to try for best possible performance.. is to convert all Posky aircraft to dxt3 from 32(I always leave the fuselage as 32bit) this means no lagging and grey model as you switch in and out of spot view,cockpit. etc ...only very rarely does this cause problems with the models and i cant really detect any loss in quality either.

Thanks for the tip Andy. I downloaded the POSKY ERJ-145ER the other night and was getting the lagging and and grey model before the textures would load, so I coverted all the textures to DXT3 as you suggested and what a difference. I did the fuselage textures too and there doesn't seem to be any loss in appearance. I used Image Tool to make the format changes. I'm using FSX and this really helps on the frame rates also.

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 24 Sep 2007 09:35

Buckeye Roy wrote:HoratioWondersocks wrote:

Thanks for the tip Andy. I downloaded the POSKY ERJ-145ER the other night and was getting the lagging and and grey model before the textures would load, so I coverted all the textures to DXT3 as you suggested and what a difference. I did the fuselage textures too and there doesn't seem to be any loss in appearance. I used Image Tool to make the format changes. I'm using FSX and this really helps on the frame rates also.

I am glad it helped.
By the way i never tried it in FSX which is currently in cold storage at the moment.
cheers Andy
HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Previous

Return to Freeware