Opensky...

Enter freeware add-on reviews in ths forum

Opensky...

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2006 18:58

Ok what's the opinion around here of the Project OpenSky aircraft? I'm looking at their website but not sure if to try them or not..

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 14 Feb 2006 21:01

To be honest, I could not say, there is only two planes I fly that are freeware, the F18 by Ito and the F16 by Olsson :)

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 15 Feb 2006 00:22

Most of their aircraft are quite good, with repaints being realistic to the real thing. I have had some problems with the flight dynamics of some of the aircraft like the 767, but like most things, try them out on test flights and if you are happy with the handling, keep it, otherwise dump it :) have fun!

Norm

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby Guest » 15 Feb 2006 13:40

zappie wrote:Most of their aircraft are quite good, with repaints being realistic to the real thing. I have had some problems with the flight dynamics of some of the aircraft like the 767, but like most things, try them out on test flights and if you are happy with the handling, keep it, otherwise dump it :) have fun!

Norm

Thanks Norm.. yeah I wasn't sure how their quality is, they look good from the screenshots but compared to the payware a/c I wasn't sure. I'd like to get the PMDG 747-400 but I just can't justify the almost $60 price tag for an add-on aircraft.. that's the price of FS9 alone. The POS 747-400 looks just as good but I'm not sure of the workmanship of their a/c, but I'll have to do what you recommend take it for a test flight.

Postby Buckeye Roy » 15 Feb 2006 23:03

I've never been disappointed or had any issues with any of their downloads. Plus the price is right! (free) They also have a good painting tutorial in their forum.

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby Brandon Stoll » 16 Feb 2006 02:22

Their CRJ sucks, messed up flight dynamics hehe. I used their planes before I got payware stuff, they're ok for free. But their Airbus for instance, comes with boeing sounds and flight decks, have to dl your own stuff to make it a true airbus, so I imaging the same for the other aircraft...as they use default microsoft stuff..you basically just get a paint job, a model and some physics. Like any major payware developers like PMDG, you're paying not just for the plane..you're paying for the time that went into it's development and the quality of realism it gives you. I guaruntee that POSKY's Queen isn't half of what PMDG's Queen is. I use to think the same way, why pay for payware stuff but really I'm glad I do now because it's way better then the free stuff out there (except that kicker Embraer I dled!)
Brandon Stoll

Postby Guest » 16 Feb 2006 19:23

Brandon Stoll wrote:Their CRJ sucks, messed up flight dynamics hehe. I used their planes before I got payware stuff, they're ok for free. But their Airbus for instance, comes with boeing sounds and flight decks, have to dl your own stuff to make it a true airbus, so I imaging the same for the other aircraft...as they use default microsoft stuff..you basically just get a paint job, a model and some physics. Like any major payware developers like PMDG, you're paying not just for the plane..you're paying for the time that went into it's development and the quality of realism it gives you. I guaruntee that POSKY's Queen isn't half of what PMDG's Queen is. I use to think the same way, why pay for payware stuff but really I'm glad I do now because it's way better then the free stuff out there (except that kicker Embraer I dled!)

No, I have no problem purchasing 3rd party a/c, in fact I'm thinking of picking up the 1900C and the 737-800/900 from PMDG. I've already purchased their 1900D, but the $60 price tag on the QOtS is just up there for me. It just seems like alot for a single add-on, but that's just me :) I'll probably end up purchasing it down the road or if they drop the price of it in the future. But it's just hard to justify it..

But if it's the quality of their 1900D I picked up I'll like it ..

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 16 Feb 2006 21:29

All the pmdg stuff is excellent! If you like props I might suggest the Flight1 ATR. Add fs2crew and its even better!

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Guest » 16 Feb 2006 22:14

afluhart wrote:All the pmdg stuff is excellent! If you like props I might suggest the Flight1 ATR. Add fs2crew and its even better!

fs2crew? What is that?

Postby Brandon Stoll » 17 Feb 2006 06:04

FS2 Crew gives you a functioning co pilot and flight attendant. The co pilot will really perform co pilot procedures, the flight attendant will do what they do best.
Brandon Stoll

Postby Guest » 17 Feb 2006 13:28

Brandon Stoll wrote:FS2 Crew gives you a functioning co pilot and flight attendant. The co pilot will really perform co pilot procedures, the flight attendant will do what they do best.

Wow.. that sounds interesting.. Do they have a demo of it?

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 17 Feb 2006 19:50

no demo... but they do have a couple of videos of it on their website. www.fs2crew.com

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Guest » 14 Apr 2006 14:21

What is the difference between the 1900c and the 1900d?

Re: 1900

Postby sonjamichelle » 14 Apr 2006 23:09

Rob Fuller wrote:What is the difference between the 1900c and the 1900d?

The fuselage is taller. It was designed to give passengers more headroom.

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby Guest » 15 Apr 2006 23:17

I personally love POSKY. Its all a matter of personal preference. I think they come very close to payware (with the exterior model).

Next

Return to Freeware