Freeware ERJ

Enter freeware add-on reviews in ths forum

Freeware ERJ

Postby Brandon Stoll » 01 Feb 2006 23:51

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=79857

This is on AVSIM, it's probably the best freeware AC I've ever downloaded. It comes in world liveries with many common U.S. liveries like American and Continental and in various versions of the 13/14X series. This will most likely not work in FS2004 unless you do the fix as provided in the documentation, I did the fix and the plane performs outstanding. The panels, gauges and especially the sound are excellent. The hard part is...I never knew Embraer's had a unique auto pilot system that is not like the common AP's we use with Airbus and Boeing's...there's no auto throttle either, the PF is in charge of that for the entire duration of the flight. I've spent the last few days reading the procedural information and attempting to follow the checklist...but I can't get the AP to perform as it should...though I'm sure it's not a development issue, I'm sure it's something I'm failing to do. But anyone that wants to play with an ERJ and not shell out the cash for FeelThere's which I'm sure is twice as realistic, this is a very excellent freeware plane to play with and the cost is the best....the time to learn is where you pay unless you're use to these things :)
Brandon Stoll

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 02 Feb 2006 04:29

It is a great machine indeed!

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Brandon Stoll » 02 Feb 2006 04:57

Hey Jay, if you have any tips on that blasted AP could you hook a brother up?:) I've got a couple ERJ bids for the superbowl I'm eager to do but I don't want to attempt them until I'm square with this plane...I have a couple standard dreamwings ERJ's, but they use a boeing flight deck and therefore...not realistic.
Brandon Stoll

Postby Brandon Stoll » 07 Feb 2006 00:10

Ok, I've got it down for the most part now with the AC. This AC rocks, I recommend it to everyone if you don't have an ERJ in your hanger...definately try this one out before FeelThere's...though as I said, this one only scratches the surface on the Embraer's honeywell system, FeelThere's probably has it all, but this is a good freeware to play with.
Brandon Stoll

Postby Guest » 07 Feb 2006 01:08

Grabbing it now.. thanks for the heads up Brandon.

Postby Brandon Stoll » 07 Feb 2006 02:55

Have fun reading the 3 PDF file manuals :-D There's also a project ERJ forum where you can get help if needed at FSNordic.net
Brandon Stoll

Postby Lawman » 10 Apr 2006 14:56

Brandon,

I've figured out MOST of the panel but I still can't get any type of autothrottle to work.... If you (or anyone) could give me a hint, I would really appreciate it! Otherwise, I love the panel and the aircraft.

Lawman
Lawman

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 10 Apr 2006 16:47

With the ERJ and CRJ there is no auto throttle. You are responsible for maintaining adequate thrust. However, I think there indications to help you on the panel (N1 and so forth).

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby meeberg » 11 Apr 2006 13:06

Thanks Brandaon, great to fly.

meeberg
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 123

Postby Brandon Stoll » 14 Apr 2006 01:51

He's right, thrust is controlled manually and there are indicators you can use.

-Brandon
Brandon Stoll

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 14 Apr 2006 20:55

Hi, for all you Embraer fans, I've posted Embraer delivery flights for 135,145,170 and 190 models into the Weekly Contracts section of the Bid Division.... be quick to bid, these will probably go quick!! :)

cheers, Norm.

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby Guest » 15 Apr 2006 23:18

Thanks for the link! This bird rocks!! I love this!

Is this the ERJ with Bill's panel?

Postby sadams » 26 Jul 2006 21:19

Hi,

Great place here!
Just wondering if you guys could pint me in the direction of this ERJ your so excited about.

Thanks!

sadams
Student Pilot

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 26 Jul 2006 21:32

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?L ... DLID=79857

Hope it helps and Brandon, sorry I never saw your question, I must have read over it ... sorry about that

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Guest » 25 Oct 2006 15:08

:lol: Hi, brandon, have got the erj, lovely jobbie, just cant get the panel lit up, and working, put the fssound.dll etc in modules as requested, no go, still working on it, looks a terrific freebie, thanks .

Next

Return to Freeware