Using AI Aircraft as Flyable Aircraft

Enter freeware add-on reviews in ths forum

Using AI Aircraft as Flyable Aircraft

Postby Shawn McCaig AS569 » 09 Nov 2007 18:46

This has probably already been discussed before, but has anyone here ever used an aircraft created primarily for AI use as a flyable aircraft? I just flew a flight using a Super King Air 200 made by Henry Tomkiewitz (spelling?), which is made as an AI aircraft. I used this primarily because I couldn't find any King Airs besides the FS9 default that don't "kill" my framerates. I aliased the default KA panel and sounds to it and flew the entire flight with it and found it very enjoyable. Sure, the windows aren't transparent, and some of the control surfaces don't move, but other than that I found the aircraft to be of comparable quality to many other "flyable" models that are currently available.........The only concern I have is that I obviously don't know if the flight modeling accurately represents a real B200 or not, but it "seemed" about right.....Anyway, have any of you ever "stooped" to this level with other AI aircraft? If so, how was your experience? Did you find this to be a viable alternative to many aircraft that you may not find an acceptable "flyable" model for? I would appreciate anyones feedback that can contribute. Thanks.

Shawn McCaig AS569
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to Freeware