Bill Lyons TravelAir

Enter freeware add-on reviews in ths forum

Bill Lyons TravelAir

Postby Shawn McCaig AS569 » 21 Oct 2007 18:40

I am very interested in installing Bill Lyons TravelAir, but from looking at the readme file, it "looks" like it installs a bunch of other stuff that I'm not interested in like AI Trains, period AI, and extra scenery. Is there any way to install without getting all that extra stuff, of is there a different file that doesn't include all of that stuff. Thanks for the help. :D

Shawn McCaig AS569
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 21 Oct 2007 22:35

I would just look for entries in your a/c folder, addon scenery folder and your scenery/world folders. It would probably be safe just to delete those files if they aren't anything you want. I assume that most of that stuff you would probably have to manually activate in the scenery database. Also look in your root folder for anything related, too. Sometimes dev's just put a folder in your root directory and reference everything to that. If by chance the installer activated any scenery folders... make sure you deactivate them in the scenery database before you delete the folder. All AI traffic should be in your scenery/word folder. However, since they are just .bgl files I'm sure they would be active in any active scenery folder. When I was messing with AI files a while ago I realized that FSUIPC includes in its log any traffic files that are active in that area. So if you get in a situation and don't know where to track down you active AI planes -- I had double GA traffic at one point and this was how I found out the culprit. This might be a registered FSUIPC thing but I'm not for sure on that.

Hope all that helps!

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Shawn McCaig AS569 » 24 Oct 2007 16:24

Thanks Anthony, I've got it installed and it all appears to be working correctly after some "selective" deleting :)

Shawn McCaig AS569
Private Pilot

Return to Freeware