Freeware Boeing 717

Enter freeware add-on reviews in ths forum

Freeware Boeing 717

Postby Brandon Stoll » 09 Jan 2007 01:48

Hi all,
I've found (finally) a 717 and it's freeware. You can obtain it from avsim and it's made by Jet City Aircraft. It's just the flight model and textures with liveries, they use the 777 default panel and 737 sounds from FS2K4. There are panels available, only a few though. Unfortunately I just found out about this and JCA has closed their support forums to register and it's outdated by many months. I added sounds to the plane just fine, when I added the panel and gauges that I DLed though (that thousands of others have dled) they aren't cooperating right. First I had only one alt gauge showing on a pitch black 2d cockpit view and it looked like it was a mile away. I went into the gauges folder and unzipped a 2nd zip file that was in there (I had just unzipped the gauges.zip in the package and installed to the folder as per the instructions). This added some detail, I could see some panels, but I couldn't see the view still of the runway from the 2d cockpit. I've found yet one more zip file within the 2nd gauges folder. I'm wondering if I should unzip that file as well into the gauges folder and that may fix it entirely? What do you all think? Or is this freeware a lost cause? Really wanted to fly up some Airtran but if I can't get a good 717, I won't bother.
Brandon Stoll

Postby serdarbadoglu » 11 Feb 2007 19:11

:!: :!: :!: Didn't you look at simviation.com? There's a good freeware 717 designed by SGA.

serdarbadoglu
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Brandon Stoll » 02 Mar 2007 03:50

Doesn't have panels/sounds and there's bugs with the SGA.
Brandon Stoll

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2007 19:23

Ohhh the JetCity 717 is first class!! Worth the download!

Postby Brandon Stoll » 16 Sep 2007 16:37

I did DL the jetcity 717. For some reason, I could not get the panel to work properly that I installed, so I gave up. It basically had all black and just a very small view, I tried playing with the view options but no avail.
Brandon Stoll

Postby jmead476 » 12 Feb 2008 07:11

I also use the Jet City 717. Search for 717km_p.zip on Flight Sim. That is the panel I use. I did have trouble with the HSI being blacked out. I used FS panel studio to reposition the guage and it works okay. I think that the very first time I used that panel, everything worked good. Problem may just be on my end.

jmead476
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to Freeware