A new spin on WOTW2017

A new spin on WOTW2017

Postby Hugh Urquhart » 08 Jun 2017 22:00

I thought it would be interesting to begin the Waterfall of the World tour from my home airport. As the tour begins in Rio De Janeiro & my home airport is Vancouver (BC), I need to fly to Toronto (CYYZ), then to Miami (KMIA) & then to Rio (SBGL). Not only makes the tour interesting, I get to accumulate more air miles.
Something to think about.
Noticed the comments re the "ZUAS Airport". I fly using FS2004 which does not include Johannesburg's FAOR. Can I use FAJS (which I think is the same airport under an older code) in it's place?

Hugh Urquhart
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 150

Re: A new spin on WOTW2017

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 11 Jun 2017 07:55

Hugh Urquhart wrote:I thought it would be interesting to begin the Waterfall of the World tour from my home airport. As the tour begins in Rio De Janeiro & my home airport is Vancouver (BC), I need to fly to Toronto (CYYZ), then to Miami (KMIA) & then to Rio (SBGL). Not only makes the tour interesting, I get to accumulate more air miles.
Something to think about.

Nice idea Hugh, enjoy that.

Hugh Urquhart wrote:Noticed the comments re the "ZUAS Airport". I fly using FS2004 which does not include Johannesburg's FAOR. Can I use FAJS (which I think is the same airport under an older code) in it's place?

It sure is, it's the same airport, was just renamed and had a new ICAO code issued.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Re: A new spin on WOTW2017

Postby Hugh Urquhart » 24 Jun 2017 23:42

Thanks for the info Mark.
Enjoying the flights. I just landed at Chachapoyas. Now the challenge will be taking off :-)

Hugh Urquhart
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 150

Return to Waterfalls of the World 2017