MyAAS Lost Connection and Ran On

Use this forum to report problems or errors with MyAAS.

MyAAS Lost Connection and Ran On

Postby AS283 Roger Dean » 07 Dec 2014 02:59

I had a strange experience yesterday with MyAAS.

The flight, Bid Flight 406-FDX-500 KEWR-LEBL flown 5-December. MyAAS flight time 18.9 hours. Actual flight time 7.4 hours.

The night before, I had several hours on a flight. It was getting late so I paused the flight. I remember 6.8 hours flight time on the clock and MyAAS.

The next morning (+/- 11 hours later) I un-pause the flight and continue on my merry way. I see the green light on MyAAS, all was well. Then I noticed 2 instances of MyAAS in the taskbar. I clicked on one, and was presented with the "MyAAS lost connection with FSX" screen and prompting to "retry" or "cancel". I pressed "retry" and it reconnected.

When I again checked MyAAS, green light still on, but the flight time had increased to just over 18 hours.

What I think happened, MyAAS lost connectivity just before I paused FS. The warning window was behind the FS window. I paused FS, but MyAAS kept on ticking waiting for me to "retry". I didnt see the retry until the next morning after I un-paused and when it re-connected it updated my time as if I'd been flying all night.

So is it something to spend time on and and investigate? Maybe, if someone is bored, definitely not a high priority issue. About the only thing I might ask is if MyAAS loses connectivity with FS, does it stop recording the time. And now I'm taking my developer hat off and going back to being a pilot (the greatness of which is also probably in my own mind :lol: ).

And if I may, all I kindly request is that someone please adjust the flight time to 7.4 hours. Thanks in advance. :D
AS283 Roger Dean

Re: MyAAS Lost Connection and Ran On

Postby AS201 Joe » 07 Dec 2014 16:02

Thanks for the report, Roger.

Thinking that is a one in, who knows how many, shot. I think I have, finally, got that message window to show on top when it is triggered. Also,have implemented more re-connection code to, hopefully, keep that message box from being shown. I think it is such a rare occurrence that I have just posted the changes in the main download. Not going to issue an update for just it.

Problem with your occurrence is that it lost connection just before you paused FS. This stops the program while it waits for the reply to the dialog. Then you un-paused FS before noticing the dialog. myAAS2 never knew it was paused. Hopefully, that dialog now gets top-window status.

Tom will be changing your hours later.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 07 Dec 2014 19:04

Hours updated.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2