Saved Flight Issue Between Server and Local MyAAS

Use this forum to report problems or errors with MyAAS.

Saved Flight Issue Between Server and Local MyAAS

Postby JSkorna » 02 Dec 2014 22:57

Joe/All,

This one may or may not be hard to track down, but recently I have been having an issue where saved flights either in progress or completed and not PIREPed, will temporarily be mis-tagged from within my client. This activity may or may not be linked to the move to our new server.

As a point of reference, right now I should have 3 completed flights saved, ready to be PIREPed, but my client only shows 1 ready to go. The other 2 are still in the main flight window, even though I completely flew the other 2 and properly ended the flights.

This has even happened over the weekend when I was doing partial flights and then saving my progress. When I would return to finish the flight it wasn't ****rd as in progress in the main flight window but not flown at all. I would shut down MyAAS, return in a few hours, start the client up again and the flight would then be properly tagged and I would be able to finish.

So like right now, how many flights do you see saved for me? I won't touch anything until you get back with me. They are HftH flights so no rush.

Thanks!

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Saved Flight Issue Between Server and Local MyAAS

Postby AS201 Joe » 03 Dec 2014 00:23

Hi Jim,
Sorry you are having issues. There is no online way to check how many flights you have saved. It's all just in the database. I only show one un-pirepped flight in the database for you which was uploaded on the 7th of November.

Could you send me your myaas2.db so I can have a look? (jbham-at-hotmail.com) If you want to try something, back-up your current database then delete the db and let the program start a new one. See if that fixes the issue with saving and re-starting. With the number of flights you perform, maybe the database is getting out of whack. I'll have a look.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby JSkorna » 03 Dec 2014 00:49

db file sent.

With a new .db file generated there are no flights to PIREP and there should be 3, none of which is the flight from Nov 7. That one can be removed.

JSkorna

Postby AS201 Joe » 03 Dec 2014 01:38

Correct, there wouldn't be. Just wanted you to go with a new database for your next flights...which hopefully should solve the problems. Looks like it got out of sync a little, I just need to figure out why.

I have found another flight in the database (General Avaiation KORD-KDTW - 77 minutes) It should be ready to file along with the CYYZ-KORD flight. I'm not showing any temp flights.

I have sent your myaas2.db back to you so you can upload the two flights. Please upload them and then start with a clean db (maybe even just use "Maintenance->Reset Database").

Wish I could offer more. Now need to figure out what happened.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby JSkorna » 09 Dec 2014 18:04

Joe,

I have another clue as this is still happening to me even after a new install location and a fresh db.

Everything is fine if I keep the client running. A flight can be saved and resumed.

The problem comes in if I close the client down and the next time it starts up it does an online refresh to the server. At this point I SOMETIMES lose the saved flight designation and data. It seems like that the check for new flights over-writes the saved flight, but this only happens some of the time.

JSkorna

Postby AS201 Joe » 10 Dec 2014 02:39

Thanks, Jim. I'll have a look through that part of the code.

If you need me to resurrect a flight for you, send me your db.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 10 Dec 2014 14:34

Jim,

Have been re-starting myaas for about an hour now, using the db you sent me last time with the flights re-assigned to current flights and 2 others (total of 4). Haven't lost one yet.

I'm not giving up yet.

Have you noticed if it is a certain type of flight that get's removed (i.e. GA, BID or Scheduled)? If I remember correctly the first time one was a GA flight.

Also, maybe, double check that the flight is saved as ready to file after ending the flight.

I know it might be a pain but, can you back-up the database after each flight? Then when it happens again, send me the backed up one. Hopefully It will happen when I start myaas2.
Last edited by AS201 Joe on 10 Dec 2014 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: More rambling

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby JSkorna » 10 Dec 2014 23:17

Hi,

They are usually Scheduled flights.

Within the same client session the flight is marked as Saved.

It is only when client is shut down and restarted does the Saved flag disappear.

JSkorna

Postby AS201 Joe » 10 Dec 2014 23:25

Thanks, I'll do some more testing in that direction.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyAAS Error Reports