feelThere Embraer E-Jets V2

Enter payware add-on reviews in ths forum

feelThere Embraer E-Jets V2

Postby Hafaza » 30 Nov 2015 21:01

Picked up this package on Steam for the sale. I have probably 4-5 hours into messing with the new planes and trying to get them to work. 90% fail rate with the FMC. In perhaps 10 attempts to program it and fly a short hop one flight was successful, though I have no idea why or how. I could not repeat it. Differing problems all the time, LNAV, VALT, LOC, etc, etc... (Are these any indication of what is in a real jet? One of the worst UI and data entry setups I have seen in literally years.)

I am willing to give it a few more hours of trying, but right now it has sucked all the fun out of the sim. So much time setting it up, then micromanaging it in flight only to have it fail in the end anyway. I end up shuting the sim down in digust and walking away angry at the damn thing :lol: (I thought it was going to remove much of the micromanaging.)

Anyone familiar with the product that might have constructive advice/criticism for me? Not really inspiring me to buy any more payware since the default planes are almost 100% more flyable :cry:

/cheers
Hafaza

Re: feelThere Embraer E-Jets V2

Postby Hafaza » 07 Dec 2015 02:59

In the interest of completion???

I invested some more hours into this beast and many things became clearer.

1. Nothing is intuitive
2. This is an aircraft/system that is not meant to be flown, it is meant to be managed.
3. Therefore, the joy in this aircraft is in successfully inputting data that will allow an almost 100% automated flight.

A perfect flight in it is: Full throttle, pitch up to FD cross hairs at V2 and hold, gear up, AP engage, flaps up, flaps down, gear down, more flaps, reverse thrust. Done.

Reviewing the FAA working group on incidents and cockpit automation reveals surprises that strike fear into my heart as a traveler. Almost 25% of pilots surveyed (anonymous) replied that they did not fully understand all the intricacies of the automated systems they were working with. The report notes that there are further problems in that that the current generation of pilots are not ???stick and rudder??? guys and gals, like the last generation that were primarily ex-military. A not insignificant number of these new
???flight school??? pilots are not fully competent in the manual flight maneuvers that become necessary upon systems malfunction. They tend to rely on the automated systems.

On the bright side, when programmed correctly (another dismal point in the work group paper actually) the system is very good at actively managing the aircraft in all modes of flight. And so, I learn data entry and dream of Cessna 182s 8)

I am I little apprehensive about the next flight in my que, EKCH > EKVG. Non-precision approaches in an Embraer 195 to a short runway (4001???) in what seems to always be terrible weather. Luckily only my ego is at risk, heh??? :roll:
Hafaza

Re: feelThere Embraer E-Jets V2

Postby rabhaw » 04 Apr 2016 18:11

Is this the FSX version?

I am aware it was a straight port over from FS9. Many of the problems I've seen in my other virtual "job" are in FSX.

I still fly FS9. The biggest reason is my favorite aircraft work fantasticall in it.
Wilco E Jets
Wilco 737
Wilco Airbus Evoloution
iFly 737NG
iFly 747 V2.

A lot of people look askance at Wico products, unjustly IMO, they work as advertised in the sim they were designed for, beibg FS9.

The systems in the E Jet are different than a Boeing product and some time is needed to study them.

It's been a few months since your OP, how are you seeing the a/c now?
rabhaw

Return to Payware