FSPASSENGERS

Enter payware add-on reviews in ths forum

FSPASSENGERS

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 27 Nov 2005 18:45

This is payware software that adds spice to your commericial flights. Released a few months ago, it has grown into being a very popular addon. Has the capacity to set difficulty levels, and also has several scenario settings available. Includes warzones throughout the world which you can adjust with current real time events, meaning that flying in dangerous areas can cause multiple failures on board. Check it out (along with the forums) at http://www.fspassengers.com

Have fun!!

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 08 Dec 2005 23:07

I love this add-on, too! I don't hardly ever fire up FS9 without it! Its great now that I figured out how to bypass the built in payload editor. I wish it had more support for cargo, though! Definitely gets my must buy approval.

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 09 Dec 2005 06:27

Just to let you know, there is plans for a more eloborate cargo feature I refer to

http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read. ... 156&t=2156

Have a look under the TODO part :)

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 17 Feb 2006 01:10

I'm thinking of adding to FSPassengers to my collection. I already use FS Flight Keeper and love it because it helps me realise how good/bad my flying can actually be.

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being superb) how would users of this produce rate it now that it has been out for a few months.

Mark

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 17 Feb 2006 11:22

I am biased but if you have a look around on simmarket.com and the reviews there or even the new review on avsim you can sort of gather what sort of addon this is.

10++++++

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 17 Feb 2006 21:08

I quite like FSPassengers and like any new payware software, there are niggly bits and bugs. The forum is hugely supported and has grown huge. I just hope that more updates will come out that will make it even better! :)

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 17 Feb 2006 22:46

Thanks guys, this is what I am hearing as well.

I see that PC Aviator have just released it as a boxed set so might have to jump in the car and go grab it, leave the broadband for flying! One of the many joys about living in Melbourne.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 18 Feb 2006 23:18

there's been a new review of it on avsim as of late.

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

I am positive

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2006 01:34

To this point this is the ONLY payware item i am seriously considering!! And that includes aircraft add-ons as well. This program actually make me fly better. I do wonder if it will be usable with the next version of FS however, I would like to see something about that.

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2006 01:17

Hi

FS passengers is great. I use it nearly every flight.

Re: I am positive

Postby Guest » 24 May 2006 14:48

Robert AS492 wrote:To this point this is the ONLY payware item i am seriously considering!! And that includes aircraft add-ons as well. This program actually make me fly better. I do wonder if it will be usable with the next version of FS however, I would like to see something about that.

Dan who wrote it is hoping so, unfortunately because he's not a mainstream developer for add-ons yet he's got to wait to find out what's possible like the rest of us. I think he's hoping it may work without too much coding. But he says it will be made to work at some point after FSX comes out and hopefully it will be a free upgrade (depending on how much work he has to do).

(edit) BTW I don't fly without it now. AS or non AS flights are all done with FSPax. Heh, AS shows me in KGEG, actuallly because I didn't log my last flight (it wouldn't have been legit in AS) I'm actually in KRDD trying to get a flight back to Spokane. B200 personal flight or non AS methinks tonight.

Postby Leemazz » 30 May 2006 23:46

Im new to fspassengers just installed it so far it looks worth it , apart from my flaps being shreaded to bits just after take off :shock:
Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby Guest » 06 Aug 2006 08:25

Yes, I've wondered about that too, I haven't had any shredding problems, but I do always seem to "overspeed" them by 2-5 knots every flight even though I know it's way under minimums. Where does FSP get it's flight data from? I know you're not supposed to lower the gear above 300 either, but mine seem to break at about 265 in a 737, it's rather annoying, especially when flying an ASHA Cargo flight, that the gear won't go up, or won't come down, and I bought brand new airplanes!

Postby Guest » 06 Aug 2006 19:43

I would assume it gets it from either the aircraft.cfg file or the .air file.

FS Passengers - Conflict with FS2002 planes?

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2006 11:13

This follows a recent upgrade from FS2002 to FS9

I loaded down the demo of FS Passengers - seems a great add on at first, loads new sounds and things to do on the flight - I think tho it has a big incompatibility problem with my FS2002 planes which I have tried to use ( which is clearly known by the FS Passenger programmers )

On running the demo it came up with an error messages concerning the default plane ( 737-400 Paint4 ), saying that it was not compatible, and I should turn off some elements of it, re-start FSPassengers, which I did - although the error message still appeared I could fly the demo, it looked brilliant ( apart from blowing off my flaps! )

On my return later, FS9 failed to re-load at all, despite a number of attempts, stating a conflict with the 737-400 Paint 4 again. I decided to delete the plane - this initially worked, except when I tried my A319 ( FS9 version ), it was now loaded with the flight deck panel of a 1920s FS9 plane ( amusing or what!! )

These conflicts, I think, lies with putting all my FS2002 planes in the FS9 airplane folder

Has anyone had this problem with FSPassengers, I don't particularly want to re-install FS9 again ( which would of course get round the FS2002 planes conflict )

Mike

Next

Return to Payware