FS Real Time

Enter payware add-on reviews in ths forum

FS Real Time

Postby TheDude71 » 28 Feb 2009 21:45

I have always struggled to keeping FS synced with real time. And doing this WCT, I found that FS falls behing the UTC. I got tired of changing the time to match the correct UTC time and googled the issue. What I found was a known issue and found this neat little addon called FS Real Time. http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/ For 5 bucks, this little addon keeps FS synced with real time, even on long legs and crossing multiable time zones. Its pretty cool!! Works through FSUIPC. All you do is start it and click connect and it will start FS for you. Never heard of it, and never heard anyone talking about the way FS keeps time. So I thought I would share.
TheDude71

Postby rich1963 » 01 Mar 2009 07:37

I've been using it for years. Nice lil program. Also comes with updated time zones for FS.

Rich
rich1963

Postby rich1963 » 01 Mar 2009 07:38

One other thing. A registered copy of FSUIPC can sync the time for you as well.

Rich
rich1963

Postby TheDude71 » 01 Mar 2009 17:09

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC and the time still fell behind. Keep FS synced is checked. Don't know why the time would fall behind. Thats what I meant when I said I struggled with it. Anyhow, its a great little program. I don't get the "building data base" anymore when changing time zones anymore..5 bucks well spent!!
TheDude71

Postby ITZREAL » 19 Apr 2009 08:20

I also have used this program for a long time. It is one of the few utilities that I use EVERY flight. This VA, another, or just ad hoc flying. I use it. It does well for keeping my flight sim time on target for real time local, real time UTC, and real time for multiple legs. For instance, if I have a flight of say 10+ hours, I will not fly that flight in one sitting. I will save the flight both in MSFS and AirSource. When I reload to continue, I know that FS Real Time will make sure my times are all synced and correct. One note to TheDude71. Make sure that when you hit 'connect' that you also hit 'Modify offset' then hit 'set' in the "Manual Offset Control' sub-panel. Do a quick once over check to make sure the numbers match. I use to have a problem with time falling behind even with a registered FSUIPC like you did. Once I added the 'Modify Offset' change I no longer had any problems and haven't since. Try that if you still see the UTC or local time fall behind. Hope this helps.
ITZREAL

Return to Payware