Thoughts on Just Flight Traffic

Enter payware add-on reviews in ths forum

Thoughts on Just Flight Traffic

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2006 22:14

Anyone out there running Just Flight Traffic 2005? If so what are your thoughts?

Also I was browsing simMarket.com and found FSPassengers, this looks pretty cool but I wanted to see what others thought that are possibly running it on their setup.

How about Just Flight Airliner Pilot? Has anyone had experience with this?

Just thought I'd get an idea of what is worth buying and spending my money on.

Thanks..
Last edited by Guest on 17 Jan 2006 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Clive Armstrong » 16 Jan 2006 23:38

I was using Just Flight Traffic 2005 for a while. Whilst you get loads and loads of new aircraft, and some pretty accurate AI flying, it's a major system hog. Large airports can knock your framerate into single figures if you're not careful with your display settings.

It does add realism to your flying, but personally I wouldn't bother as it gets very frustrating when the display is not as smooth as it should be.

On the other hand, FS Passengers is a great little addon. You can do all sorts of things with it. If you want to get the feel of it, you can download a free trial version of FS Passengers from their website.

Clive Armstrong
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 17 Jan 2006 06:38

Forget Airline Pilot go with FsPassengers a much better flexible and realistic program.

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Brandon Stoll » 17 Jan 2006 13:58

I've actually been pondering on FS passengers.
Brandon Stoll

Postby Guest » 17 Jan 2006 16:51

afluhart wrote:Forget Airline Pilot go with FsPassengers a much better flexible and realistic program.

Alright.. Airline Pilot is a no go.. thanks fo the tip :)

Here's another one.. FS Navigator, is this worth the money? What are it's advantages over the built in one?

Just thought I'd ask :)

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 17 Jan 2006 19:02

I don't personally use FSNavigator... but from what I understand you can export your plan to several add-on payware (i.e leveld, pmdg, pss). You can also run it with FSHost and "see" the other aircraft (people) you're flying with on the overhead map that FSNavigator uses. FS9 actually does a horrible job of routing when you have to do those flights across the pond. I don't know about FSNavigator but the routefinder will actually do the correct NAT's. I actually use RouteFinder to find my route then I use FsRoute to export the flightplan to FS9.[/url]

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2006 04:12

afluhart wrote:I don't personally use FSNavigator... but from what I understand you can export your plan to several add-on payware (i.e leveld, pmdg, pss). You can also run it with FSHost and "see" the other aircraft (people) you're flying with on the overhead map that FSNavigator uses. FS9 actually does a horrible job of routing when you have to do those flights across the pond. I don't know about FSNavigator but the routefinder will actually do the correct NAT's. I actually use RouteFinder to find my route then I use FsRoute to export the flightplan to FS9.[/url]

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I use this? I've input my ASHA dep/arr and my cruise altitude in RouteFinder. It finds my route but what do I put into FSRoute to export out? Anything I copy and paste into FSRoute from the output of RouteFinder, I get error messages.

I tried copy and pasting both this:

Code: Select all
KGSO (0.0nm) -TRI4-> YADKI (50.5nm) -DCT-> VXV (197.6nm) -VOLLS6->
KBNA (333.4nm)

and this:
Code: Select all
KGSO TRI4 YADKI DCT VXV VOLLS6 KBNA

I'm doing something wrong here I know it :)

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 18 Jan 2006 05:00

You don't have to include the origination and destination ICAO's in the route field.

So you would enter it like the in the example screenie

I also noticed you're a VATSIM flyer... you can file your flight plan via fsroute as well.

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2006 05:16

afluhart wrote:You don't have to include the origination and destination ICAO's in the route field.

So you would enter it like the in the example screenie

I also noticed you're a VATSIM flyer... you can file your flight plan via fsroute as well.

That worked, thank you very much!!!!

I'm getting there.. still alittle nervous about trying VATSIM but I may just fly my ASHA training flight on VATSIM and see what happens. I may not even see an ATC...

Postby Ken Bolish » 22 Jan 2006 04:15

Ultimate Traffic has got to be the best add-On ever!
FS Flobal is good too.

Ken Bolish
Control Tower [Moderator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 21] KBLM Belmar/Farmingdale, New Jersey

Return to Payware