Active Sky

Enter payware add-on reviews in ths forum

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 21 Jun 2006 05:45

no problemo hehe, i didn't know there was an upgrade offer before. Anyhow, i'll hold off on v6 until FS10 comes out (have a habit of waiting a while before buying stuff after new versions of FS come out!)>

cheers, Norm.

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby garymbuska » 11 Aug 2006 16:12

I recently purchesd AS and it is the best thing I have seen. I had been flying with real world weather for a while but noticed that the weather did not really seem to change a whole lot as you flew, but with AS it changes as you go along just like in the real world. And the weather radar is a great tool to have.I actually can not wait till a hurricane pops up so I can fly through it. I know I can create one but it is not the same thing. It would bring back my Navy days as I flew in VW-4 The Huricane Hunters back in 1970-1971 and I actually flew through hurricane agness when it was off the cost of Louisiana :)

garymbuska
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby JSkorna » 11 Aug 2006 16:51

Hi Gary,

Thanks for that!

Please keep in mind that in case of major hurricanes, weather stations go offline for a number of reasons and then the data stops. No data means that Radar may not show exactly what is happening. Also, offshore storms may not show up because there are no stations feeding us data.

The best way is to head for edge stations and then the rain bands will show up nicely.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2007 22:58

I use this every single time I fly. I cannot live without active sky, one of the best purchases I have ever made. And I have a lot of payware.

Previous

Return to Payware