Wilco FeelThere PIC 737-300

Enter payware add-on reviews in ths forum

Wilco FeelThere PIC 737-300

Postby kdwycha » 15 Dec 2005 20:28

Well I tried out the Wilco FeelThere 737-300 yestarday and was very impressed. I usually fly the PMDG737 but I thought this one had a more accurate real world systems layout. The sounds are pretty good with it. General framerates are better then the PMDG. Other then it acting a little wacky with a VNAV climb it works perfectly. I do think in the next update the VNAV climb profile as well as autothrottle will be fixed. Has FMC or can be flown with FSNav I have heard.

Here is a link to more info:

http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fusea ... rod_737pic

kdwycha
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 15 Dec 2005 23:07

Well, there you go, I got it as well and it has left my HDD already. The main issue I have is the looks.. there is something wrong with the nose.. I cannot put my finger on it though and framerates with or without weather radar are atrocious :( I have NEVER had a problem with any other addon and even with PMDG 737 I still reach 55-60 FPS with this one it drops to 20-30 FPS. In my opinion not worth the 30.50 Euros

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby kdwycha » 16 Dec 2005 02:44

New review of this aircraft. Removing it from system until the next service update. After 3 flights it is virtually not flyable. You will be straight and level and the next minute the aircraft is upside down. Or one minute your climbing 270kts 1000fpm and then your at 120kts 6000fpm. The autotrottle is unstable as well as the autopilot.

I will update this review whenever they work out the kinks. This plane is about as useless as the PSS 777.

Three Beers for PMDG and Level-D for their fine products.

kdwycha

Postby Brandon Stoll » 16 Dec 2005 04:36

What's wrong with the PSS777, couple of the other flyboys said it's decent...I need a good 777 :(
Brandon Stoll

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 16 Dec 2005 06:19

There is an issue with level flight, if you do not shift your CG to 18% she tilts forwards and backwards all the time, bit like a ship on waves, but if you move container 4's weight to container 1 it shifts the weight as correct as it can be, also keeping in mind the CG shifts as your flight progresses. Me personally? I have not got that problem with mine but this is a "official" reported issue. Now in saying all of that .. PSS will come up with a fix for that, it is just a matter of time. The 737 by FeelThere needs a fix or two or three or ... ( fill in how many ) and I am sure it will end up being a good plane but for now? It's not good :(

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby kdwycha » 16 Dec 2005 15:35

Just for the hell of it I went into FSUIPC and in the last page with the yoke settings I deleted all my custom axis mappings and reset to default. The aircraft seems to be flying better today.

kdwycha

Postby Guest » 31 Dec 2005 03:03

Having just purchased this rather splendid machine, I am quite surprised to see the problems some are having. In saying that I suppose my version is the patched one.....so I'll shut up!LOL
Some will definately disagree with me here, but in my view it is as good as, if not slightly better than, PMDG's Queen. (ducks out of the way :roll: )
I like a plane where there is a little more to do than pull back on the stick and flick AP.
Down side is that I like it so much that all my other recent (nand somewhat expensive) purchases are going to collect dust in the hanger!

Cheers
Stuart

Postby Brandon Stoll » 14 Jan 2006 03:50

Was checking Feelthere's website today, there's a patch that was released on the 11th, any update if it's a good piece of payware now?
Brandon Stoll

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 14 Jan 2006 12:25

I've just flown my first sector in the newly released -400 variant (i bought the full version, -300, -400, -500) and I'm impressed.

A very different airliner to the PMDG 737NG I am used to.

The manual leaves a LOT to be desired.

Will report more when I have flown a few more sectors in it.

Mark

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Return to Payware