PMDG 737NG 747-400 and upcoming 747-400F

Enter payware add-on reviews in ths forum

PMDG 737NG 747-400 and upcoming 747-400F

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 08 Dec 2005 23:05

How do you guys like the PMDG stuff? I for one love them! I think they are about the only ones that have the most "factory" liveries for one! Can't wait for the freighter... hopefully that will come sometime soon!

I haven't purchased their prop-jobs yet... those panels kinda look like the default worked over so I have been stand-offish.

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 09 Dec 2005 00:07

The 737 models are quite realistic and also a good learning tool for those interested in doing more inflight stuff as opposed to simple takeoff, cruise, land phases. I don't think they have the ACARS sorted yet for FMC (that I know of). For the props, flight dynamics are excellent, but they really let themselves down on the panel... in fact i'd criticize so far as saying they were plain lazy when it came to that... pity really, because its nice to fly. I hear there are still problems with the 747 so will hold off until a good review is written up on it. For those ASHA fans out there, I understand Andre has on his list ASHA livery for the B737 PMDG. :) Norm.

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby Brandon Stoll » 10 Dec 2005 20:40

Yes, I agree, their 737 model is great. I want to get the 747 but as you said, there's issues with it right now, so I'll buy the finished product. I hate paying to be a beta tester :) I'm really looking forward to that polar freighter though.
Brandon Stoll

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 10 Dec 2005 21:55

I know there have been a lot of trouble for some people... but I haven't had a problem yet! Actually I think most of the problems are people that aren't RTFM and some people have had pirated copies of stuff and then had the audacity to post for help on there. I think most peoples problems would be solved they actually took a second and followed instructions that are well written in the forum.

But the only problem with that forum and just about any other product support forum is you get those idiots that think just because they have access they have to put their pityful two cents in for every little thing. And then you get you know-it-all's that think just because the beta tested or that they helped program the darn thing that everyone should know as much as them... and how dare they have to explain anything! However, I have to give props to the support team because overall they do a good job.

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 14 Dec 2005 00:48

I fly the PMDG daily, either the 737NG or the 744 and love both. I am one of the fortunate people who have had no problems whatsoever with the 744 and find it very realistic.

I'd agree with Norm about the panel for the B1900. External model and flight dynamics superb but I think that the panel was their let down, not much better than most freeware panels out there.

The 744 has put payware aircraft into a new dimension.

Once the ASHA model is painted for the 73, I guess I will be joining that division as well!

Mark

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby as176andre » 15 Dec 2005 06:18

Well all, I love PMDG, I have all their models and love flying them, same here I do not have many problems with 747 and they have now released a full patch, which replaces the interim one it was to fix many problems people had. Unfortunately I think that people don't read the manual and think they can fly a PMDG plane as if it were a default MS one,

YES The 737 ASHA livery is going to be completed in the next few days!! and as soon as the 747 freighter is release there will be a ASHA paint as well, the 1900 is being a pain and I have a few snags on her repaint but keep em peeled.

Andr??

as176andre
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 15 Dec 2005 06:30

As I have had no problems with ANY of the PMDG goods I would highly recommend ALL of them since I have all of them :)

PS Andre, what an AWESOME sig you got !

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby as176andre » 17 Dec 2005 05:15

Thanks Jay, I have just recently finished creating each ASHA divisional patch, these will become standard on ASHA aircraft when the new repaints are released, and we will ask Tom to add them to the Webpage.

as176andre
Control Tower [Moderator]

Return to Payware