MyAAS Download

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

MyAAS Download

Postby placei » 04 Feb 2024 16:26

For some reason MyAAS went offline. This has happened before and I have managed to get around the problem with my F-Secure anti-virus eventually allowing me to extract the download onto my other computer. This time it did not work so I contacted them

Dear Ian,

Good day to you. Thank you for your patience. I have got a feedback from our Malware team it seems there is nothing wrong with the Website (air-source?us). Our Malware team have google searched one download link for the application and its able to be downloaded without issue. If its possible, can you provide us the sample of the exact URL to download the sample for further investigation.
I have yet to contact them with the original download try

I have deleted the original download and download MyAAS again and get the following

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item

After selecting run as administrator I get the database file does not seem to be valid

Any help Someone Tom?-----Ian Place AS171
placei
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: MyAAS Download

Postby AS201 Joe » 04 Feb 2024 16:40

I agree, Ian-

Something is off. Looks like direct downloads are not working. I have moved the zip to various places and even renamed it as an image file. Keeps saying missing request handler. Gonna have to wait for Tom on this one.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 04 Feb 2024 23:36

Hi All,

Ian, try it now does the download work for you?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby placei » 05 Feb 2024 10:51

No I deleted all my previous MyAAS Downloads went to the Re-cycle bin and emptied it. Downloaded MyAAS and got the usual blue screen with Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting Running this app might put your PC at risk .Clicked More Info selected Run anyway
Get Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. So I went to Settings selected SmartScreen protection OFF and it made no difference. I have go to security settings F-Secure and put air-source.us on the safe list. NO CHANGE Still BLOCKED
placei
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS201 Joe » 05 Feb 2024 13:13

Yeah, ok. I think I misunderstood what was going on.

Check your email I have emailed you a copy that I ran through windows defender, Malwarebytes and the TotalVirus website. All came up clean.

Also, maybe F-Secure has myAAS blocked. Try this:
https://community.f-secure.com/internet-security-en/kb/articles/6299-deepguard-has-blocked-a-safe-application-how-do-i-unblock-it

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby placei » 05 Feb 2024 17:30

Thanks Joe but that did not work. Respond was the file does not seem valid. The second response was the file path was invalid--Ian
placei
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS201 Joe » 05 Feb 2024 18:35

OK, went back up to the first post, I missed something you said, When you run as administrator and get the database is invalid it is because you were using the older version. If you delete the database file (myAAS2.db) a new compatible one will be created. If you have any data that you don't want to lose, I can send you the old version. It is recommended that you use the newer version though.

Just out of curiosity, if you right click on the zip file and select properties is there something about file being blocked

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby placei » 06 Feb 2024 18:28

Thanks Joe removal of all previous old data even from the Recycle Bin worked. Thanks to you and Tom for your patience on this matter--Ian
placei
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 06 Feb 2024 23:03

Great! And hopefully the download link works now I tried and it seemed fine so I think it is fixed. Thank you Joe!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 06 Feb 2024 23:34

As for that, Tom. My bad on the download link...somebody (cough...chough) was not typing the address in correctly. Sorry. It was probably working the whole time :roll:

Glad you have it working, Ian,

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 08 Feb 2024 00:23

AS201 Joe wrote:It was probably working the whole time :roll:

Well I tried it too when this topic started and it didn't work for me either - I had to update the link address to include the "s" after http with our recent security certificate update. :D

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyActive AirSource