Active Source Chat

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Active Source Chat

Postby bob3464 » 11 May 2016 09:15

Hi guys.
Are there any plans to connect AirSource into a chat server?
One of the hooks that keeps me with another airline is the social aspect of interacting with the other pilots. I've actually made some pretty good friends, contacts, and resources over the years.
While I prefer the AirSource model and schedule, it would be great to interact with the other pilots and also watch the notifications when people log in/out or takeoff/land at xxxx.
I think it's a hook that keeps people around and also builds a community.

I'm sure this has been considered and tossed around. Any comments or thoughts?
Are there limitations such as the client, is there cost involved, or just low demand?
bob3464

Re: Active Source Chat

Postby AS201 Joe » 11 May 2016 11:45

Hi Bob-

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for just a text chat or voice? We did have a Teamspeak server, at one time, but nobody ever used it. So it was dropped.

As for a text chat..there were talks about adding a chat system to myAAS2 (there is even an option for it in the myAAS2 settings screen). I might have to re-visit this.

We could also go external to myAAS, Then people could chat even when not flying. I kind of like this one.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby bob3464 » 11 May 2016 18:26

AS201 Joe wrote:Hi Bob-

As for a text chat..there were talks about adding a chat system to myAAS2 (there is even an option for it in the myAAS2 settings screen). I might have to re-visit this.

Hi Joe - I was talking about text chat.
If for example we opened myAAS2, it would be great if it connected to a server where we could just say "hey everyone" and go from there. Or ask Lee for repaints. :)

Maybe use some space underneath for txt chat.
bob3464

Postby AS201 Joe » 15 May 2016 10:39

Sorry for the late reply. We'll see what we can do.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS541-Brian » 17 May 2016 06:01

I vote for that as well, easier then teamspeak and would allow me to chat while my wife sleeps :)
AS541-Brian

Postby AS201 Joe » 22 May 2016 17:46

Just to let you all know that it is in the works. No estimate on the time-frame. Have to make sure to keep the server load at a minimum.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyActive AirSource