Deleted Flight

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Deleted Flight

Postby Leemazz » 28 Mar 2016 14:15

MyAAS should have an option to delete the flight , not delete your flight when you press no to save flight

I just wasted 3 hours of my life for it to delete my flight because i wanted to pirep it not save it

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Deleted Flight

Postby AS201 Joe » 28 Mar 2016 22:19

Hi Lee-

Not sure I understand so, I'll take it in pieces.

MyAAS should have an option to delete the flight

You can delete a flight by right-clicking on it and choose "Delete Flight Data..."

not delete your flight when you press no to save flight

What should happen?

I just wasted 3 hours of my life for it to delete my flight because i wanted to pirep it not save it

Can you explain more?

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 28 Mar 2016 23:24

May not be in this particular case, but we do have members from all over the world which may cause some language barriers, perhaps Lee means having something like these choices?

PIREP FLIGHT [grayed out if not an option yet, i.e. not at destination]
SAVE FLIGHT (CONTINUE LATER)
DISCARD/DELETE FLIGHT

I am not sure ifthe second choice is needed. For example what happens if we are flying along and the power goes out, computer reboots... I think myAAS is "saving" flight data every "x" seconds to the database correct?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS201 Joe » 28 Mar 2016 23:47

Yes, myAAS backs up the flight every 5 minutes (will have the asterisk next to the airport pair on the main screen)

The Save/Continue Flight Later...was for people that need to stop mid-flight and would like to continue. This gives them the ability to save the flight and simulator data at a known point.
There is a flight in progress. Would you like to save it to be continued later? is the wording and has Yes/No/Cancel buttons. Any better idea on the wording?

There is no discard/delete flight menu option.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 29 Mar 2016 01:10

AS201 Joe wrote:Yes, myAAS backs up the flight every 5 minutes (will have the asterisk next to the airport pair on the main screen)

The Save/Continue Flight Later...was for people that need to stop mid-flight and would like to continue. This gives them the ability to save the flight and simulator data at a known point.
There is a flight in progress. Would you like to save it to be continued later? is the wording and has Yes/No/Cancel buttons. Any better idea on the wording?

There is no discard/delete flight menu option.

Not sure there is a way to change the buttons to say "Yes/No-Delete Flight/Cancel"? So to clarify, if pressing the "No" button does myAAS delete the progress of that flight?

Is this what you are asking Lee?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 29 Mar 2016 19:01

Ok this is what happened

i clicked Menu then Save/Continue Later , it gave me the options Yes , No , Cancel , i selected no and Boom !! flight gone , i should have pressed Cancel but pressed no .

It should double check so idiots like me dont press the wrong button , so say when i pressed no it should have given idiot me another option saying "Sure Idiot ?" yes/no

Sorry if i sound like im complaining , im not , im just so annoyed with myself for deleting it

Leemazz

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 29 Mar 2016 23:19

Hmm, any chance of taking out the "No" all together Joe? I mean if there's an option to right-click and delete the flight then maybe that should be the only option. If that is too much trouble maybe there is another way.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 30 Mar 2016 14:04

Hindsight is 20-20...I guess.

I'll add a confirmation dialog to the "No" option. I'll leave it there as it's really the only way to "cancel" a flight without being too complicated/confusing. Removing it might be a few too many steps for some people :)

Also, I do apologize for you losing the flight, Lee. It took a long time for this issue to surface.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 30 Mar 2016 18:32

The only thing with it Joe is its related to saving the flight but if you select "no" the flight just dissapears , no flight time just the flight in your logbook with no * attached to the flight

Leemazz

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 30 Mar 2016 22:56

Would it be really complicated to have a section of the local database dedicated to archived flights? These would only be the ones someone says "No" to, and can only be unlocked by a menu option or administrator?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyActive AirSource