Weird Incident with MyAAS

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Weird Incident with MyAAS

Postby TerryW » 11 Aug 2015 17:31

Upgraded Win7 x64 to Win 10 x64 several days ago. Have made several AS flights and all is good, MyAAS recorded and filed the flights totally normally. Just now completed Alitalia A321 flight from LIRF to LLBG...and MyAAS showed 5 mins for the flight rather than the actual 3 hrs and 5 mins. However, it did record the fuel usage for the flight (22774 lbs) and the landing rate at LLBG (-247 ft at 128 kts). Further, it would not open to the "file PIREP screen". The flight was shown with an *, however it would not open in order to transmit. I use a timer in every aircraft to track the time from pushback to stop at gate independently from MyAAS, as well as tracking each flight's fuel burn independently in case I have to file manually....which I will do for this flight......any ideas on what might have happened? Thanks,
Terry Wright
AS86
TerryW

Re: Weird Incident with MyAAS

Postby AS201 Joe » 12 Aug 2015 00:46

Terry-

That's definitely an odd one. The only thing I can think of is maybe the system time got updated/changed? myAAS2 runs off of the system GMT (not FS time). Do you remember when you first noticed the time was off? Or was it at the end of the flight?

As for the flight...right click on it and select "Change to completed Flight" then you should be able to file it through the File Menu. I'll get the time changed for you after.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby TerryW » 12 Aug 2015 08:26

Thanks Joe.....already manually filed the PIREP.

Just noticed the "clock" in my Win 10 is showing August 11th, 2015 at 5:44 as I type this...definitely something wrong. I'll see if I can get it reset to proper time. That could well have been the issue.
Terry
TerryW

Postby AS201 Joe » 12 Aug 2015 12:27

Could have been, yes. I'll have a look at doing more time checks in myAAS2 to, hopefully, catch the time being changed (just in case that was the issue)

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby TerryW » 12 Aug 2015 12:49

Joe...I'm now almost certain that the problem relates to my computer's clock. I re-set it, and changed to a different time server (default was a MS sever). Thought all was well, did EL AL 738 flight LLBG to LHBP. Flight was 2 hrs 57 mins. MyAAS recorded correct fuel usage (20913 lbs) and landing rate of -274 fpm at 124 kts, but the time recorded was 23 hrs and 57 minutes! I will file this one manually as well.

After the flight, I noticed that the computer clock was reading 6:30ish rather than 9:30ish.

I reset it again to an alternate time server....pushed all the "reset", "apply" and "okay" buttons that I could find. Will do a free flight in FSX to see if the computer clock continues to work through that flight.

I will post here once I figure out what's going on....others updating to Windows 10 may run into this issue.
Terry
TerryW

Postby JSkorna » 12 Aug 2015 17:57

Make sure your time zone is still correct in Windows.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby TerryW » 12 Aug 2015 19:32

Well, after trying the various Windows-related fixes, I came across some articles where a bad CMOS/BIOS might cause the time problem. Never fiddled around with either before, but the suggested fix that related to my ASUS Z87-A mobo called for a CMOS reset....with trepidation, I followed the instructions and, so far, the clock appears to be working properly again. To test, I did the Air France A321 LHBP to LFPG. MyAAS recorded and filed the PIREP just fine.

Thanks for your interest and help. I'll post on this topic if the clock goes bad in the next day or two.
Terry
TerryW

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 13 Aug 2015 01:29

Terry - I fixed the 2 flights they are now myAAS verified.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby TerryW » 13 Aug 2015 09:25

Tom, very kind of you....thanks!
Terry
TerryW

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 17 Aug 2015 20:30

This is one of the pieces of software I would not do without in FS - http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Return to MyActive AirSource