MYAASv2 and FSX

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

MYAASv2 and FSX

Postby SCKing » 24 Feb 2015 15:48

Recently I bgan experiencing disconnect issues between FSX And MYAASv2 (most recent version). My flights would freeze up (FSX not respondng message) and my first suspicion was memory issues (occurs while flying PMDG A/C, with numerous other 3rd part addons running). FSX locks up (not responding) and results in having to exit FSX and trying to refly the route from the last saved point. Then after several of these incidents I finally looked down in the MYAASv2 box and saw it suggested checking for the most recent version of FSUIPC. So...I upgraded FSUIPC from v4.0 to v4.9 (released 2/10/15). Back into my flight route now. Fingers crossed this fixes the connect issue between FSX and MYAAS. Just posted this issue in the event anyone else has been experiencing the same.

Continuing my flight route, experienced another FSX lockup and MYAASv2 message cannot connect with FSX. So...the search continues for a solution.
SCKing

Re: MYAASv2 and FSX

Postby JSkorna » 24 Feb 2015 22:38

Randy,

Back off on your FSX settings a bit and try again.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS129 - Michael » 25 Feb 2015 00:07

Good suggestion from Jim but I also have a suggestion that might help out as well if it's feasible. If you are able to afford, purchase a cheap secondary computer that you can run "extras" on. I have a nice laptop that I run my weather, AI traffic monitor, MyAAS and other add-ons using Peter Dawson's WideFS. It's a great program that you run on your second computer, FS2004 or FSX connects to it and you can run all your programs without tasking the computer running your flight sim. It works across your LAN with the need of any extra configuration.

It made all the world of difference on my simulator setup, and it's pretty high end to begin with. There is a version of WideFS for FS9 and one for FSX. FSUIPC is required as well!

AS129 - Michael
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 129

Postby SCKing » 25 Feb 2015 02:24

Thanks Jim and Michael! Both good suggestions and I'll pursue that. Just finished the return trip (PHNL-KSFO), both flown with the PMDG 772. Ironically, the return flight was flawless. So...now that leaves me wonder about the first flight cinfiguration. On the outbound flight the FSX lockup and MYAAS inability to connect to FSX happened all three times about the same given distance from a given waypoint. Probably just coincidence but does make me pause.

This lockup has not been an issue (over several hundred flights logged), but when it does happen (maybe five Times to date and often with the 777) it seemed focused on certain points in the flightplan. It makes me wonder, can there be bad fixes in the FSX engine. I've noticed on two occasions flying into KORD on the GS, while LNAV and VNAV seemed to be working properly, I saw I was a good ten or more degrees off set from the actual runway (27R). My thought is, does FSX experience issues with the data.

I just updated the most recent AIRAC cycle, Feb. Anyway, I'll try your suggestions and thanks for the input! I might try and fly the same SKFO-PHNL route and watch more closely when (if) and where the event occurs.
SCKing

Return to MyActive AirSource