Volunteers Needed

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Volunteers Needed

Postby AS201 Joe » 14 Sep 2014 01:57

Hi all-

With the upcoming server move, we needed to change the way myAAS2 operates and uploads the flight information. Would like to see if we can get some flights in (the more the better) to make sure all is working correctly. All flight information operates with the current web-site so you won't lose your flights.

Also, there are no sounds yet. The options in the settings dialog are just placeholders (sorry).

If you notice any issues, please make a post to this thread and we will get the problem fixed as soon as possible.

Get the new version here: http://www.air-source.us/operations/myaas2/myaas2.zip
Note: this version is not compatible with the database files from the previous versions. Please do not run this file from the same location as previous versions.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Re: Volunteers Needed

Postby JSkorna » 15 Sep 2014 15:36

Save Flight Report.... is greyed out and cannot be chosen.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS201 Joe » 15 Sep 2014 17:40

Odd...I even did a flight before I uploaded it. I'll have a look when I get home.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 15 Sep 2014 19:12

Just used it and worked for me. I love that we don't have to manually kick off the upload process now.

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby JSkorna » 16 Sep 2014 00:24

Joe, All,

Need to add that this was during a flight, not on the ground at destination.

JSkorna

Postby AS201 Joe » 16 Sep 2014 00:56

Ahh, that explains it. Pretty much by design. It was my way of getting rid of that one message box that I really hated.

True, "Save Flight Report" only becomes active after landing. My thought is that you don't have a flight report to file if you are still flying. To save the flight to be continued later, just choose Cancel.

@Alan - figured it was time to get rid of that part. Trying to make everything a little easier for new pilots.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 16 Sep 2014 08:29

Joe

I'm half way through a six leg delivery flight in Bid Division so when I finish that, I'll move to the new version.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby JSkorna » 16 Sep 2014 11:35

AS201 Joe wrote:Ahh, that explains it. Pretty much by design. It was my way of getting rid of that one message box that I really hated.

True, "Save Flight Report" only becomes active after landing. My thought is that you don't have a flight report to file if you are still flying. To save the flight to be continued later, just choose Cancel.

@Alan - figured it was time to get rid of that part. Trying to make everything a little easier for new pilots.

Then it might help pilots to change the language on those options then: Save a Flight becomes End or PIREP a Flight. Cancel becomes Save a Flight in Progress.

Many pilots fly over multiple sessions and it needs to be clear on how to do this, I feel.

JSkorna

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 16 Sep 2014 23:17

JSkorna wrote:
AS201 Joe wrote:Ahh, that explains it. Pretty much by design. It was my way of getting rid of that one message box that I really hated.

Then it might help pilots to change the language on those options then: Save a Flight becomes End or PIREP a Flight. Cancel becomes Save a Flight in Progress.

Many pilots fly over multiple sessions and it needs to be clear on how to do this, I feel.

'cancel' sounds too "scary" to me as if we're cancelling what we accomplished.

Agree that "save" should change to "End Flight/PIREP" or somethink like that
and "Cancel" change to "save/continue flight later"

Great job Joe and thanks to members able to test. If I had more time I would test too!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS201 Joe » 17 Sep 2014 02:00

Well, the ayes have it. Changed and uploaded.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby ROGERP » 19 Sep 2014 09:12

Hi Joe
Have been using myAAS2 since 15 Sep . Found it strange at first but soon got the hang of it and have been flying and PIREPing 3/4 flights daily with new system. Until yesterday no problems and liked the new system.
Yesterday at 0600z here in Spain I opened computer prepared a flight and went to myAAS2 to select flight but nothing, no visual myAAS2 appeared. Went to Air Source-no web site available. After about an hour website back and
myAAs2 now working perfect.
Exactly the same this morning.
About 0600Z opened Computer and FSX, windows 7 ---and no myAAS2, went to AS and again no website.
Went for a walk to have a coffee and croissant and returned an hour later..... web site and myAAS2 both back.
It Appears that "my" myAAS2 is dependant on Air Source web site being available.
Looked at new guide but there is no mention of a an internet connection to website being necessary/available at all times.
Am I missing something here?
EDIT Just had further problem with myAAS2 no visual indication of flights etc.
Removed all myAAS2 from computer and downloaded the new version (which I thought I was flying).
All is back again with the updated save and pirep, save and exit and the unpopular cancel flight removed.
Will watch very carefully!
All is good at this time am flying on AS air map
Best regards
Roger
ROGERP
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS201 Joe » 19 Sep 2014 21:16

Hi Roger-

Thanks for the input.

You are correct that myAAS2 is not internet dependent. However, one of the changes I made with the new version is that, if an internet connection is present, it automatically checks for updates and downloads new flights. Unfortunately, the server has been having *hiccups* lately and, basically, acting dead. I just need to adjust how long it waits until deciding the page isn't coming and, maybe, add some feedback as to what's gong on. It was just running so quick and smooth that I didn't think about it.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby JSkorna » 20 Sep 2014 15:36

Joe,

I'll be the first to admit that this will be a minor thing, but after a successful PIREP, the "Flight report successfully PIREPed" window always pops up twice.

I do like the new Options titles!!

JSkorna

Postby AS201 Joe » 22 Sep 2014 22:33

Sorry for the late reply, Jim. Been busy trying to tackle another problem.

Thanks for the heads up on the multiple popups. I have uploaded a new version which should have those fixed. Also, I have adjusted the web-page time out to around 20 seconds before it kicks back (hopefully it works and isn't too short).

Joe

As a side note, I am just going to upload new files (for now). then about a week out from the server move, I'll put up an update (for both versions) so everyone *should* start out with the same file.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby ROGERP » 26 Sep 2014 14:25

Hi Joe
Just had a more serious problem with new myAAS.
When I PIREP a scheduled flight I always uncheck the remove flight from saved list box.
Today after I had prepared my scheduled flight I selected the flight from the myAAS menu and activated myAAS.
I was immediately confronted with a saved flight information for this new flight .
On checking the duration of flight it was exactly the same as the old PIREPed flight.
I repeated the process with another scheduled flight and the same happened.
It appears that after the PIREP has been sent myAAS retains the scheduled flight with all the previous PIREP data, instead of saving the scheduled flight but removing all prevous data
Have ceased to fly any more of my saved scheduled flights and am only flying GA at this time.
Comment?
Best regards
Roger
ROGERP
Instrument Rated Pilot

Next

Return to MyActive AirSource