MYAAS 2 Flight just cant file Pirep

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

MYAAS 2 Flight just cant file Pirep

Postby as176andre » 13 Apr 2013 16:52

Hi All,

Flew my AAS2 for a secon2 time flight data is visble on the log but it won't file the flight. not sure if i'm doing anything wrong Running Windows 7. Bith times the file is just lightly greyed out.
Thanks

as176andre
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: MYAAS 2 Flight just cant file Pirep

Postby AS201 Joe » 13 Apr 2013 22:09

Andre,

just trying to get on the same page. What is grayed out? Is it "File Flight Reports" from the File menu or is it "File Selected Report" from the upload dialog? Or even something else?

If it's from the Upload Dialog, you need to select which flight you want to upload before the button will activate.

If it's the "File Flight Reports" menu item, double check to make sure you are using the "End Flight" option to finalize the flight.

Let me know if I'm close.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby as176andre » 14 Apr 2013 06:40

Hi Joe,

Ok Close but it appears that I do not have the end flight menu option. or the upload dialog options.

Yes your are on the right track with the File, File flight reports is greyed out no matter if I have seleted a flight selected

Maybe I have an old AAS2 2.0.1003 is this thelatest when I ask to check updates I get no updates available.

Thanks

as176andre

Postby AS201 Joe » 14 Apr 2013 11:48

Andre

yes, 2.0.1003 is the latest.

Ok, I had the wording wrong. It was "Flight Complete" not "End Flight".

File flight reports is greyed out no matter if I have seleted a flight selected

Sounds like the flight is not being saved. It should say something like "File Flight Reports (1)..."

There are two things to check.

First: maybe try the Quick Flight from the manual.
http://www.air-source.us/operations/activeas/downloads/MyAASV2_Manual.pdf Although, for some reason I never included the filing part, it should at least get the flight saved the you should be able to file it.

Second: if running Vista or above, make sure you didn't put myAAS2 in the Program Files folder. Just in case.

By the way, what FS version are you using?

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby as176andre » 14 Apr 2013 15:13

Hi Joe,

No Problem at all FSX at the moment, I'll check through the manual and see if i'm missing something, might just me doing something wrong :D

Ok wen't back in and managed to get the issue resolved, I just saved and exited and thats why I never got the rest by what I can see,. Thanks for you help got the flight done and fied now will see on the next flight if I get it right again.

Thank you.

as176andre

Postby AS201 Joe » 14 Apr 2013 15:37

Glad to hear you got it working. Probably just a result of a different way of doing things.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby garyddavis » 22 Mar 2015 07:36

Joe, I am unable to access the data base when I open it I get garbage no sense trying to copy that.. I just completed a flight Panc-Pajn and was able to file a flight plan.. I ve got my AAS2 on the c drive and it shows a clean data base of nothing.. however I am running my AAS2 off my f drive where my flight simulator is located and that is the one that my short cut points to and it brings up flights that I have entered by the plan function inscheduling flights.. I guess I will just have to chalk this up as a lost flight..I can continue the flight and my aas2 tells me that I have flown 246 minutes on this flight but it just wont let my file a flight plan against it..

garyddavis
Student Pilot

Postby AS201 Joe » 22 Mar 2015 09:40

Gary,

Just attach myaas2.db to an email (copy & paste won't work). I'll have a look and see if I can figure out what's wrong with the flight. jbham -at- hotmail.com

Each copy of myAAS2 will use it's own database. So, multiple copies will have multiple databases.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyActive AirSource