Undetermined Error Report

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Undetermined Error Report

Postby RobboPenguin » 10 Jan 2013 08:38

Pilot AS 224 (Robbo Fuller)
Flt: _PK710
Route: OMDB - OKPC
MyAAS: 2.0.1002

The following error occurred when submitting PIREP. The error was from the webpage inside the MyAAS program:
Code: Select all
Undetermined Error
An unknown error has occurred. Report this error message in the MyAAS Error Forum. Include YOUR PILOT NUMBER and any data above that may be relevant.

The MyAAS program then provides the following error:
Code: Select all
Error with PIREP control

The flight appears correctly in the Log Book. http://www.air-source.us/operations/log ... tid=267843

RobboPenguin
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 224

Re: Undetermined Error Report

Postby AS201 Joe » 10 Jan 2013 13:12

Robbo-

I agree, everything looks like it was entered and sent ok. Even the value that is set when finishing with the webpage part is set.

Do you remember what page you were on on the webpage part? I'm thinking maybe the server had a hiccup when the summary page (the last one) was being fetched. Then when you closed the window, it had not updated that value mentioned above (yet) and myAAS retrieved the not yet filed value. That's just my guess.

By the way, does the OMDB-OKPC flight still show up in the File flight Reports list? If yes, just re-file it again and it will ask you if you want to remove it. Select yes and it will remove it from your database.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby RobboPenguin » 10 Jan 2013 23:49

Do you remember what page you were on on the webpage part?

The final page which usually says "SUCCESS" at the top, did not appear after I submitted the "Comments" page.

By the way, does the OMDB-OKPC flight still show up in the File flight Reports list? If yes, just re-file it again and it will ask you if you want to remove it. Select yes and it will remove it from your database.

Thanks for the tip on this. Instead what I did was Refresh the local database, as I had no other outstanding flights and then get the flight list again.

RobboPenguin
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 224

Postby AS201 Joe » 11 Jan 2013 00:14

That works also. myAAS doesn't remove the flight from the database until it gets the success message from the website. That way if there are any errors/problems you can keep re-submitting the flight until it works without losing the flight data.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Return to MyActive AirSource