AirMap Problem With Updated Version

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

AirMap Problem With Updated Version

Postby wmjrod » 13 Sep 2012 00:36

I am able to PIREP flights but my flights do not show up on the AirMap. Has anyone else noticed this problem with the recently updated version of MyAAS V2?
wmjrod

Re: AirMap Problem With Updated Version

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 13 Sep 2012 00:59

Jared,

I am moving your post to the myAAS 2 forum, Joe will spot it here easier.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby wmjrod » 13 Sep 2012 01:35

Apologies Tom, thanks for the help.

Best regards.
wmjrod

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 13 Sep 2012 09:56

And I have to ask the question, do you have ONLINE mode ticked under OPTIONS?

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 13 Sep 2012 10:52

Also I see (in the on line database table) where your flight data was uploaded at one point. Did you last fly KIAH to KDEN - UAL - Flight # 1610 (Scheduled Div flight)?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS201 Joe » 13 Sep 2012 12:13

Jared-

Yes, make sure that you have online mode checked in the menu. Also, to make it permanent, you need to goto Options->Settings and set it there or it will use the default value (not online) the next time you run myaas.

If you have it set to use online mode we'll have to look at other things, but it's been a bit since the online mode didn't work for someone so we'll start there.

Just another note...if I remember right...you won't show up on the live map until after, i believe, one minute has elapsed. So you won't immediately show up.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby wmjrod » 13 Sep 2012 12:51

I am all but certain that I have online checked while MyAAS is running at all times. Like I mentioned before, I am able to run and file flights the only problem is the online or showing up on the AirMap part. I will go back and make sure I have checked online and run a test flight and update you as soon as possible.

EDIT: I don't know what I did or changed (if anything) but it now shows me online now. Hopefully there will be no more problems!
wmjrod

Postby AS201 Joe » 13 Sep 2012 19:33

Glad to hear. Yes, hopefully keeps working for you. Please update us if it stops. On a side note, earlier I deleted your entry from the online database (just in case there was something there). So maybe that helped...maybe not. But either way...it's working now.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 14 Sep 2012 05:55

Jared

The other thing I do is to run an auto-refresh addon to the browser window which refreshes all the flights that show on the map. It doesn't change anything about your connection but bear in mind that it takes a couple of minutes to date t your connection and if you look at the map too soon after connecting, you might not yet appear. Auto-refresh and you are more likely to see yourself and the rest of the AirSource team flying.

Glad you are back on the map!

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby wmjrod » 15 Sep 2012 22:22

I have now run into another problem. I recently added the PMDG 747 AND feelThere 737 and I attempt to fly with my feelThere 737 and when I click Fly Selected Flight it shows up as "flight simulator cannot be found". I'll add that I did have to change the .dll file a little bit to get the PMDG to load up correctly and that might have something to do with FSUIPC not loading thus causing MyAAS to not connect to FSX. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed, re-downloaded FSUIPC and that did the trick...
wmjrod

Postby AS201 Joe » 16 Sep 2012 00:04

Glad you got it working again. Yeah, myAAS relies on fsuipc. Unfortunately *alot* of addons will install an older copy (sometimes way older) and just overwrite your newer one.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyActive AirSource