Saved flights

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Saved flights

Postby Leemazz » 19 Aug 2012 22:42

Lossed my saved flight which was a 14 hour flight , i dont see what the problem was with the other version which does everything for you . I will stick with the original cant be wasting time worrying if the program will save the flight

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Saved flights

Postby AS201 Joe » 20 Aug 2012 00:03

Lee-
Sorry to hear you had a problem.

Lossed my saved flight...

Was this when ending the flight or resuming a saved flight? Did you do anything different with this flight than you did with your previous 2 flights with it?

Also I have PM'ed you my e-mail address. Could you please email me your myaas2.db file and I'll have a look and hopefully there's something in there.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 20 Aug 2012 01:41

Yes, Sorry to hear of the problems Lee, and we thank you for trying to test myAAS v2. There are some times when testing can be a bit frustrating, but with the time taken you and all the other members using v2 will only be making things better for all of our future!

Anyhow, hang in there and as per the sticky post in this forum viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5933 - please feel free to run myAAS v1 alongside v2. (just be sure to turn one of the programs ON LINE function OFF [preferably v1 so you can test the on line functionality of v2] or you may get some crazy results!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Leemazz » 20 Aug 2012 05:28

I used the save and exit option .... I think , when i restarted the flight i came up with the flight details i clicked ok on the box and for some reason it started recording from the start with no flight time

Leemazz

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 20 Aug 2012 14:12

Lee, if you stopped for a refuelling stop, it will do that. It records each sector as a single flight and then strings them all together when you file the flight at the end.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby Leemazz » 20 Aug 2012 18:21

Yeah no i had the dreaded OOMs you get from FSX so saved and exited flightsim restarted cranked up MyAAS 2 the flight came up as saved and asked if i wanted to start flight , i clicked ok and it vanished . Probably something i did as im so used to the old version

Leemazz

Postby AS201 Joe » 20 Aug 2012 18:43

*Disregard post*

Just received Lee's myaas2.db file and will have a look.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 20 Aug 2012 21:23

Lee-
I'm sorry to say there's nothing there. I'm guessing maybe the KDFW-EPRZ was the flight (as it's at the top)? You did give me something to look at though. I'll test with purposely crashing FS and saving the flight and see what I can come up with I think I have a feeling of where the problem is coming from, but will take some testing/luck on my part to figure it out. Please remember myaas2 is still in beta, so there might still be some problems cropping up. As Tom pointed out, doesn't hurt to run myaas1 along side just in case. Again, sorry about the problem and hopefully I can get it fixed.

On a side note...I never anticipated anyone having that many flights in the list. I am using a self-created database (to try and keep the size small). So good to see that part works good. Unfortunately, also, that could have been what gave me hope with the file size in the PM.

Another note, you might give the update feature a shot (back everything up first, just in case). It looks like you are using an older version.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 21 Aug 2012 18:22

No need to appologise Joe , i do have a lot of flights ready to go to be honest , i should clear some out .
I will still use it as i need to get used to it , i will start another longhaul later and see how it goes .

My OOMs were caused by a corrupt bglmanx.dll used for the Fsdreamteam sceneries so hopefully putting a rest to the oomage .

Thanks for the help Joe

Leemazz

Return to MyActive AirSource