Possible issue, educational issue, or "oh well"?

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Possible issue, educational issue, or "oh well"?

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 03 Aug 2012 03:40

I just got done with a flight from SAN-LHR, and managed to lose around 2 hours of flight time with MyAAS2. So I'll start with what happened, then what I did, and maybe someone can tell me is this something that can be fixed, something that I just did wrong, or something that just can't be controlled. Anyway, on to the story....

So I start the flight, everything is going well, I can see my flight online etc, and get about 2 hours in before I have to go to bed, so I pause the flight and leave things where they are. 2 Hours later, a drunk hits the power pole down the street, the field it fell in to goes up in flames, out goes the power, and poof goes the flight I had paused. The next evening when things are back to normal, I load things back up, go to MyAAS2 and select my flight and restart it. Everything is reset to 0, but I don't think anything of it since when I flew my multi-leg flight, everything worked out in the end.

I get 5 more hours in, then decided it is bedtime again, so again, I pause and leave things the way they are. Fast forward to tonight, and when I go to my PC, it is hung and I can't do anything except hit the power button. This time when I start loading things, I have a * flight, I grab that, start flying and finish my flight with everything counted from the 2nd 2 legs.

So, is this a problem, did I do something wrong, did I just have crappy luck the first night?

Anyone have any ideas?

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Possible issue, educational issue, or "oh well"?

Postby AS201 Joe » 04 Aug 2012 00:15

Hi Alan, looks like you had a bad couple of nights there.

To be honest with you, I have no idea what happened that first night. The "in progress" flag should have been set with the first backup (done every 5 minutes once airborne) and the only way to un-set it is to end the flight or cancel it. So it should have been there on the second night. just tried it on my computer, started a flight and let it run for a bit then hit the power switch (man the wife would kill me). Started back up and have the in progress * with the flight. Also, noticed that it worked fine on the second night.

Hopefully it was just a freak occurrence and won't happen again. That would be a tough one to figure out without thrashing the computer. I'll have a look through the code again and see if I can see anything.

I'll get with Tom and see if he can add 2 hours to your time on that flight.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Re: Possible issue, educational issue, or "oh well"?

Postby AS201 Joe » 04 Aug 2012 01:57

Alan-
Tom went ahead and reset the flight and added two hours to the time. You need to go back in and re-fill out the information. http://www.air-source.us/operations/activeas/postflight_myaasv2.asp

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Return to MyActive AirSource