Not recorded flight again

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 08 Jun 2012 08:13

HI Joe

Well thought I would test today on a longer sector without a fuelling stop so flew KBFI-MPTO.

CMP9823.png

Showed me online all day, 7.6 hours and no issues with crashing or anything.

Stopped and PIREP and got my flight points but I didn't get the box indicating that my flight had been saved.

The option to upload flights is blanked out.

Database to Dropbox.

I didn't ANYTHING different to the three flights I filed ok yesterday, except not resetting the database.

:-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Re: Not recorded flight again

Postby AS201 Joe » 08 Jun 2012 20:34

Uncrosses fingers. Bummer, was hoping that was it. Give me a couple days and I'll go back through the code and see if I see anything. I'll also have a look though the database but, I have a feeling that flight might be gone. I guess all I can say is sorry. You have a lot of patience . I'd probably be throwing stuff around. Anyway, have a graduation to go to tonight and work tomorrow but I'll have a look and hopefully will get something up Sunday sometime.

BTW...have you given thought to running myAASv1 along side V2. That way if V2 crashes you can still have the flight using V1. Just have to remember not to file it with v1 if v2 works.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 08 Jun 2012 22:01

AS201 Joe wrote:Uncrosses fingers. Bummer, was hoping that was it. Give me a couple days and I'll go back through the code and see if I see anything. I'll also have a look though the database but, I have a feeling that flight might be gone. I guess all I can say is sorry. You have a lot of patience . I'd probably be throwing stuff around. Anyway, have a graduation to go to tonight and work tomorrow but I'll have a look and hopefully will get something up Sunday sometime.

BTW...have you given thought to running myAASv1 along side V2. That way if V2 crashes you can still have the flight using V1. Just have to remember not to file it with v1 if v2 works.

Joe

Yes - just be sure myAAS online is checked "off" or the system could get really confused ;)

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 09 Jun 2012 00:39

Thanks guys, thought that might have been the case but that's exactly why we're testing this thoroughly before release.

Am I the only one having issues by the way???

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 09 Jun 2012 00:50

Mark, unfortunately I haven't had time to fly much, little bits here and there, but not enough to consider me a good "tester"...I sure hope to make more time soon!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 09 Jun 2012 22:55

Am I the only one having issues by the way???

Well, the short answer is yes.

The long answer is...basically there are only three of us testing it (or so it looks), you, Tom and myself. Also, you have done (or attempted to do) more flights than either myself or Tom. Another thing is that the crash seems to mainly happen on longer flights (longest I've done with it so far is 1.8 hours). So, yeah, you seem to be the only one :P

But, the good thing is, there are always some computers that have a problem running something. Hopefully, this is the problem that needs to be solved and there won't be issues when more testers are brought in.

I'm going to make some code changes on it tonight and let a long one run overnight and see if it finishes OK. If it does, I'll post another build tomorrow and hopefully will work OK on your setup also.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 10 Jun 2012 01:25

Also, you have done (or attempted to do) more flights than either myself or Tom

Not for long :o

Perhaps not as MANY flights, but I hope to rack up some hours here - I'm doing KLAX to EDDF, long enough flight? LOL

http://www.air-source.us/Operations/Act ... p?AIRID=m3

Won't be able to do this one all in one sitting, but plan to finish this flight using AASv2!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 10 Jun 2012 05:45

Used MyAASv2 on my laptop via WideFS and no issues at all for four (short) flights.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 10 Jun 2012 15:03

I have a thought on something to try (or maybe at least narrow it down). Give me a bit.

On a side note: KSFO-NZAA...12.1 hours...worked like a champ :( Was hoping for an error. I'll get your problem figured out yet.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 10 Jun 2012 21:38

Thanks Joe...

I'm going to try a longer flight on the WideFS setup later this week as I'm certain it will work. I'm not too concerned because I can at least record my flights but we probably need to sort it before release.

The only other unusual thing with the main FS PC is that I run multi-monitors, doubt that should be an issue though.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 10 Jun 2012 21:43

Yeah, don't think that multi-monitor would affect it. I have a new build ready, just waiting to test something before uploading.

Kinda curious about Tom, he's been parked about 38 miles from EDDF for a while now.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 11 Jun 2012 00:25

AS201 Joe wrote:Kinda curious about Tom, he's been parked about 38 miles from EDDF for a while now.

NO worries - had to pause the sim...finished flight with abosolutely no issues..so I think that's very good!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 11 Jun 2012 00:34

Good deal, glad to hear it. That's what I was hoping was going on.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 11 Jun 2012 10:59

AS201 Joe wrote:Good deal, glad to hear it. That's what I was hoping was going on.

Joe - which brings me to another possible enhancement request? If someone pauses sim, goes in to slew, etc (stops myAAS for any reason) how about updating the date on the sql database to much earlier (even 0 will work!) this way the user "disappears" from the site as they should, instead of lingering for 15 mins?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 14 Jun 2012 03:23

Not a problem (actually it's already in place...I use it for the online mode in the menu). Just one question...do you still want them to stay shown after completing the flight normally?

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Next

Return to MyActive AirSource