New New Version

MyActive AirSource (MyAAS) is the program used by AirSource members to record their flight time. Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator and (free) version of FSUIPC. MyAAS 2 is programmed by AS 201 Joe Hamilton, and is always being reviwed for new features.

New New Version

Postby AS201 Joe » 17 May 2012 17:22

Ok all,
Let's try this again. Here's a new version of myAAS2 for you to play with. It is fully functional except for auto-update (still working with Tom on that). This version will not show flights that have been uploaded but not yet removed from the server. Also, only one entry on the flight map.

Mark, you should just need to download and use the main program. Everyone else...

First of all, you need to run this little utility -> http://jbham.net/dbUpdate.zip
This will update your database so it will work with the new version. Just run it from wherever myaas2.db is located. Unfortunately, the back-up flight will be lost (so if you have a flight saved in progress...sorry). Your saved flight reports will be preserved and updated so you still can still file them.

Then -> http://jbham.net/myAAS2.zip
Here's the new version, on first run, you need to go to Options->Maintenance->Edit Pilot Info and just click ok. This will get your pilot number into the database. Now you are ready to go.

You might as well delete the pirep viewer and db updater as we're done with them.

Just so you all know...at this time the flights will not be removed from the server (we think that's a Tom thing). Because of this it is not recommended that you fly a time critical flight (i.e. bid).

Have fun and please post any problems or suggestions you have.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Re: New New Version

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 18 May 2012 00:59

THANKS for the update Joe!

* I removed Marks double entry from the database

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 18 May 2012 01:03

Tom, did you happen to see that despite the flights uploading to the database, that they are not transferring to the logbook nor marking the flights as complete??

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5791

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 18 May 2012 01:11

AS380 Mark Richards wrote:Tom, did you happen to see that despite the flights uploading to the database, that they are not transferring to the logbook nor marking the flights as complete??

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5791

Yes that is correct (for now) as I have not created the facility to PIREP the flights yet. I do see the flights sitting in the cue to be PIREP'd though.

It gets confusing when trying to explain that the flights are "uploaded" as in effect they ARE, but they are not transferring to your logbook because you still need to PIREP the flights.

I hope to have more time this weekend to look into a PIREP facility, even if it is temporary for now.

For example Mark - you should be able to open your web browser and PIREP your flight if you copy/paste this link into it AND REPLACE the username/password with YOURS.

Code: Select all
http://www.air-source.us/operations/activeas/PostFlight_direct.asp?usernm=MARKSUSERNAME&pswrd=MARKSPASSWORD&myId=72624

EDIT - EMT-be sure no one else does this just Mark as it is HIS flight to PIREP!
The ID is from one of your flights in the cue...

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 18 May 2012 01:20

That worked Tom, thanks.

Sorry, I thought that the PIREP integration had been completed, my bad. :oops:

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 18 May 2012 11:02

I should be a pretty easy page to create but I know it can become confusing with all the upload/download/live feed,etc.

Bascially steps happening here are:

:arrow: Flight is booked (on website)

:arrow: Flight it downloaded (to LOCAL computer)

:arrow: Flight is performed (LOCAL COMPUTER (flight data is SAVED every "x" seconds in LOCAL database), plus flight data sent to website every few minutes but NOT SAVING data on webiste)

:arrow: Flight is considered completed by member and decides to UPLOAD/SAVE flight data. It is at this point where the flight data is sent to the WEB SITE database into a "que" where it is READY for PIREP but not yet actually saved into our logbooks. It is also at this point where a pilot may actually download the SAME flight again and fly it - HOWEVER they system wont let the member upload it again - this is a part Joe has IMPROVED on in v2 where it now checks to assure the flight has not already been uploaded.

:arrow: Flight is PIREP'd (on website)

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 18 May 2012 13:46

Thanks Tom, sounds good. Look forward to seeing the page when you're able. This is looking really good!

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 May 2012 02:48

Joe - flew a 16 minute flight, saved it. I wish to upload this to the server but the upload flight menu item is disabled...screenshot attached

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 19 May 2012 02:50

Tom, the (*) indicates that flight is still in progress. Silly questions, but did you click on stop in MyAAS2?

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 19 May 2012 10:27

Yep, if you just click save and exit...it saves the flight "in progress" (helpful for re-starting those long flights). When you land you will get End Flight. That's what pireps the flight. Unfortunately...as a side effect...if you saved it after landing then you will need to take-off and land again for End flight to enable. I might have to disable save and exit after a landing so your only choices are to end the flight or cancel it.

Just a note, if you want to cheat it, slew up a little, un-slew for a second and re-slew back down to the ground. End Flight will be enabled.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 May 2012 10:45

AS201 Joe wrote:Yep, if you just click save and exit...it saves the flight "in progress" (helpful for re-starting those long flights). When you land you will get End Flight. That's what pireps the flight. Unfortunately...as a side effect...if you saved it after landing then you will need to take-off and land again for End flight to enable. I might have to disable save and exit after a landing so your only choices are to end the flight or cancel it.

Just a note, if you want to cheat it, slew up a little, un-slew for a second and re-slew back down to the ground. End Flight will be enabled.

Ha there you go! Makes sense to me - but I was so used to the way I had myAAS - you could end/upload at any point (after 6 minutes). I think it's fine and makes sense the way you programmed this feature, but may not be something you want to worry about maintaining.

If you disable save/exit after landing what about those who are making multiple stops and wish to save/exit at this time?

Just a suggestion to consider is enable end flight after 6 minutes and leave it up to the member.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 19 May 2012 10:50

The end flight dialog has an option for it being a refueling stop, but true could just save/and resume. I guess it would just be member preference. Probably just leave it as is and if it causes too much confusion we'll figure out what changes need to be made.

Now why would you want to end and file a flight mid-flight :)

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 May 2012 11:12

AS201 Joe wrote:The end flight dialog has an option for it being a refueling stop, but true could just save/and resume. I guess it would just be member preference. Probably just leave it as is and if it causes too much confusion we'll figure out what changes need to be made.

Now why would you want to end and file a flight mid-flight :)

Great point :) No real reason to do that - in fact per our manual it is mandatory to land so excellent feature I say!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS201 Joe » 19 May 2012 11:22

Ok, changed the save and exit message box to read "Save this flight, to be continued at a later time, and exit?". Shouldn't be any problems there.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyActive AirSource