Event Proposal - Around the Americas 2012

Traveling up the West Coast of South America, the Andes Mountains will be to our East. Eventually we will reach Central America where we'll follow the Panama Canal and head Northwest into Mexico. Our next legs take us back into the United States along the beautiful West Coast into the Pacific Northwest and just touching Alaska before heading East across Canada. Our journey ends rounding the Western portion of Lake Superior and back into KSAW where we'll knock back some cold ones and tell tall tales of our flying exploits.

Re: Event Proposal - Around the Americas 2012

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 21 Feb 2012 08:07

Michael

I'd like to see that the whole event lasts no longer than 90 days as the shorter events are where we have headed in the past couple of years following feedback from the membership.

The Logo looks great and I'd love to see them with Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze backgrounds or similar to differentiate.

Also, food for thought, given this will be a non-Jet event, what about the logos of various non-Jet manufacturers instead of airline logos?

Mark

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby AS129 - Michael » 21 Feb 2012 21:35

AS380 Mark Richards wrote:Michael

I'd like to see that the whole event lasts no longer than 90 days as the shorter events are where we have headed in the past couple of years following feedback from the membership.

The Logo looks great and I'd love to see them with Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze backgrounds or similar to differentiate.

Also, food for thought, given this will be a non-Jet event, what about the logos of various non-Jet manufacturers instead of airline logos?

Mark

Thanks for the critique Mark. 90 days is definitely doable. What I can do is release all 37 bids at once and expire them 90 days from the event start. We all should be able to still fulfill ASHA and other bid obligations during the event run.

Logo backgrounds are next. Should have them done in a day or so as I find time. The airline logos are from most of the liveries we used in past RTW events. What I'll do is also incorporate the non-jet manufacturers into the award, maybe on the outside border where I have some room.

Believe it or else, the thought of adding them into the design had crossed my mind before you suggested it. Nice to see other people thinking along the same lines.

I have all the flight plans available in a .RAR/.ZIP if you want to have a look at them as well. How should I get them to you.....

Michael

AS129 - Michael
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 129

Postby AS129 - Michael » 21 Feb 2012 21:41

as176andre wrote:Hi michael,

Wow great work. Thanks for working on this. I'll get home in 3 weeks as I'm traveling for business so will only get to my Convair package then. I also think that the online legs where great and have not done that since ou last flight, so will be nice to meet up with old the old friends and new ones to. Last time I think we started the flight at GMT 21:00 or so on a Saturday or Sunday, not sure which flights will work for everyone

Thank you sir! It's quite easier now to plan these things than it was back in 2003/04/05. So many more tools available to plan and design. I'm amazed I accomplished this much in just the couple of days since you brought up the Convair idea on Facebook.

Looking forward to seeing how this all turns out when I am done with it....

AS129 - Michael

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 22 Feb 2012 06:55

AS129 - Michael wrote:I have all the flight plans available in a .RAR/.ZIP if you want to have a look at them as well. How should I get them to you.....

Michael

Check your PMs.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby ITZREAL » 23 Feb 2012 15:58

This sounds great. I will have to fly some of these. Great idea. Thanks.
ITZREAL

Postby AS129 - Michael » 25 Feb 2012 20:30

Update: have started putting the JATA logo on all of the Convair liveries I have. Will have a package thrown together soon and will make it available on FlightSim.com. This will be for FS9 users. Will look into FSX soon afterwards.

AS129 - Michael

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 26 Feb 2012 04:36

Michael's all set to go for this event now and we're planning for it to run 01MAR12 to 31MAY12.

This forum has been set up especially for posts about the event.

The EMT have revised the reward money for pilots completing the event:

• Platinum - $20,000
  • Gold - $15,000
  • Silver - $10,000
  • Bronze - $5,000

If you intend to participate then please sign up in THIS THREAD.

ENJOY!

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Previous

Return to JATA 2012