Having some fun with the new MS FS2020

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

Having some fun with the new MS FS2020

Postby sonjamichelle » 30 Nov 2020 00:27

Not quite a screenshot, just a quick video of some antics this evening.

MS FS2020 Video on Sonja's Facebook and Twitch

There are a few more on my Facebook and Twitch. I try to stream a Flight Sim session Every Sunday at Noon Central US Time. Always bound to see some craziness. :mrgreen:

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Re: Having some fun with the new MS FS2020

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 01 Dec 2020 01:24

Thanks for Sharing - FS2020 is cutting edge, but still rough around those edges as well!

That is a very wide screen! :D

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby sonjamichelle » 04 Dec 2020 12:39

LOL, it's actually THREE 43" TCL 4K TV's!!

I bought the Saitek/Logitech controls and a fold-away stand back in 2017. I never really used it too much. Was kind of a hassle to set up when I wanted to fly. So it kinda stayed tucked into a closet.

This past summer I had a bit of a windfall so I went all out, bought a new i9 PC with 128GB RAM, NVIDIA 2080 card and three LG 27 inch monitors. Then I decided what the hell and pulled the trigger on a Volair Sim Universal Flight Simulation Cockpit Chassis. Wellllll, when I mounted the LG monitors, some fool "engineer" decided to put the HDMI/Display Port and Power connections BEHIND the Vesa mounts. SO when I had all three monitors on the Chassis I had NO way to plug them in. So it came down to either whip out the dremel or drill and cut the mounting plates or buy three new monitors. Three new monitors were going to cost me in the neighbourhood of $300+ EACH. So either my Wife or I had the idea of checking out some TV's. I found the 43" TCL's at Wal-Mart for just over $100-something bucks each. I've had a few TCL's already and they have proven fairly solid performers.

Of course when it came down to mounting them on the Chassis, they were a weeeee bit too big. :mrgreen:

So off to Home Depot we go, 2 8 foot 2x6's, some lag bolts, a stud finder and my trusty Ryobi drill later; we mounted the three TV's on swivel mounts to the Workshop wall. Pulled off the Monitor mount on the Chassis and pushed it up against the wall.

And WOW what a SIM experience!! Hehe.

Just a quick shot from behind my desk in the Workshop.

Yeah yeah yeah, my Wife spoils me, hehe. I can't wait until MS puts the finishing polish on FS2020, it has a LOT of potential!

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 09 Dec 2020 14:12

Very nice setup Sonja, you've done well to put all that together :)

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum