Recent ANZ flight

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

Re: Recent ANZ flight

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 04 Oct 2012 15:59

Great pic Steve!

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 04 Oct 2012 21:35

Very nice Steve, NZ is such a great place to fly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 06 Oct 2012 15:35

Yes, it's one of the few places in the world that still have Twin NDB approaches and most pilots I speak to have no idea what one is, let alone how to fly one.

All my real world flight experience was in New Zealand doing my PPL at the Ardmore Flying School. I've also got about 90 hours in a Robinson R22 in NZ and have to say that the country was created for Helicopters!

It's a great challenge to fly and of course for FSX users, now that ORBX have released the NZ South Island and then the NZ North Island scenery, it's become even more spectacular to relive it all in FSX. I've even been able to trace the roads to follow where many friends of mine live.

Some excellent short sectors available in the Scheduled Division and of course made for our GA Division!

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 07 Oct 2012 22:32

sprowse wrote:Have you seen VLC's version Mark? If so what do you think are the main differences.

I used VLC from its first release until a few months back. I find the ORBX stuff more frame rate friendly and has much better rendition of the mountains and other terrain. The photorealistic scenery is more up to date and most importantly for me, they've created almost every Airport in NZ really quite accurately so you no longer have to put up with Microsoft's failings in that regard, so much so that I've not reinstalled any of my RealNZ addons or VLC Nelson, Taupo or Hamilton because the ORBX offerings are that good. There are however patches for the VLC airports to make them compatible with ORBX so I must look into that.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 24 Oct 2012 10:47

That is a nice shot Steve!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva