Cargo World Tour Flight to Amsterdam

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

Cargo World Tour Flight to Amsterdam

Postby Guest » 08 Feb 2009 22:02

Having a blast on this tour so far, I thought I would share some images from my latest leg. The model is the PMDG MD11, an amazing add on that is taking a lot of learning :)

Pushing back as the sun rises, I have two screws turning and am about to fire up the third.

Cleared to line up and wait on runway 06.

Here we are at V1.

On the climb out from Jomo Kenyatta.

Its been a long cruise with nothing but desert to look at for much of the flight, things get more interesting as we enter Swiss airspace over the Alps.

In the cruise over Germany.

We were put in a hold for over 45 minutes at the ANT VOR, about 70nm out from Schiphol.

Now following the ATC vectors for a landing to runway 19R we are vectored past Schiphol.

Now on final we can just make out Schiphol in the distance.

Another safe landing right on the numbers!

Having trekked across to the otherside of the airport we find our bay in cargo.

Well there we go guy's, hope you enjoyed my latest set of images.

Postby Leemazz » 08 Feb 2009 22:57

Amazing shots Darren great shot over the Alps .

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby MidniteRider » 09 Feb 2009 00:33

WOW :shock: Very nice shots. Very good scenery and an awsome plane. IS that FSX or FS9?
MidniteRider

Postby Guest » 09 Feb 2009 07:50

My PC cannot run FSX at a level thats acceptable to me so I have stuck with FS2004.

I have so many addons that I can't imaging not using it. The 2 programs that I think enhanced the visuals more than anything else are FS Global for the mesh which gives highly accurate mountains and valleys.

The second would be ActiveSky which gives great weather effects and realistic clouds but more importantly adds that hazy layer that hides the sharp line of the horizon that you often see on most peoples FS. If you look at the horizon in the cockpit shots you will notice that you cannot see the horizon, it just fades into the distance.

I also run Ground Environment ProII, Traffic X and Shockwave 3D lighting which really makes the airport and aircraft lighting look amazing. Then there is Radar Contact which gives me a more realistic ATC.

I dread to think about how many addon aircraft I have accumulated over the last 4 years too :)

Postby MidniteRider » 09 Feb 2009 12:50

Nothing wrong with running FS9. I use both equally. But like you, I have lots of goodies for FS9 and could not imagine not using it.

Again, great pick, keep them coming.
MidniteRider

Postby vic365 » 13 Feb 2009 01:49

Nice shots, Darren...and NEVER apologize for sticking with FS9! :wink: I've got a new monster box I built myself and even I won't run FSX. Why mess with a thousand $$ of FS9 addons, and "unlimited" framerate of 150+ (which quickly overheats my GPU!)??

And you kinda stole my thunder...I am going to use the Martinair (OC) for that leg :wink: :P .

Keep em' coming.

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby TheDude71 » 13 Feb 2009 09:04

Yup, Nice shots. I use FSGenesis to imporve mesh. It doesn't get it dowm to FS Global size, but pretty close. And as for FS9, I with everybody else, I got a machine that will run FSX, but I got way too much $ invested and with mesh inprovements and other addons, I got it pretty close to FSX, not to mention my FPS are through the roof with this machine. Im much more for performance that slight change in scenery mesh.
TheDude71

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum